What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Avengers (2012) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Pretty good trailer, but I hated the use of the rock song. Always seems like pandering when a trailer is made to look like a music video. Also, the movie's got to be more than shit blowing up.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not a big Whedon fan, so this may be off, but I think his reputation suggests it will be more than just shit blowing up. That's just a teaser trailer thing (and the laser stuff did look pretty cool).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Like someone said earlier. I think the lack of Hulk scenes has more to do with the CG not being done rather than his character being an after thought.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brent M /t/278084/avengers-movie-thread/90#post_3859745
Totally disagree. For me, Downey is absolute gold as Tony Stark and his portrayal of the character should not be changed one bit for The Avengers.
I've been pretty vocal about hating Downey as Stark.

Then again, I've never understood all the Tobey/Parker hate either..

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
I think I'm getting jaded, as that trailer for the Avengers didn't really get me all that excited. Plus, not loving the shorter hairdo on the Black Widow.
Not to be a dick, but I almost think you have to be jaded if that trailer didn't do anything for you. I mean, seriously, what more could you possibly want or expect from a teaser trailer?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brent M said:
Not to be a dick, but I almost think you have to be jaded if that trailer didn't do anything for you. I mean, seriously, what more could you possibly want or expect from a teaser trailer?
My initial response to the trailer is summed up with "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Not saying Whedon is an idiot, just saying the trailer filled with explosions just didn't quite impress me...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I've seen some exceptional teaser trailers, especially for films as anticipated as The Avengers. This trailer was not exceptional in the least. While it was fun seeing the characters in a single action beat and with one single character interaction, it was hardly as well put together as the teaser for, say, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo or The Muppets. It felt generic when it should have felt special.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I agree the trailer wasn't anything special, it basically just set out to tell all the people (who didn't already know) "hey look, here's a movie with all these other dudes together, oooo!"
It should have set up a basic understanding of the threat in the film, and how it's so large we have almost no hope of surviving it. Cut to The Avengers.
Of course, that may not be in the movie at all. In which case they probably shouldn't have bothered making it...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Every trailer for "The Muppets" has been fantastic. I mean just dead on fantastic in the way that surprised me how dead on they are. Which surprises me that you also mention Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.. which I am VERY much looking forward to; I love the prior film, and I will miss the lead actress; but I think it could be done better and frankly, in English will help ;) but the Muppet trailer that parodied it was fantastic.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
little trip down memory lane..
first guy to ever make me think.." If they ever do a Thor movie...Private Gomer Pyle ???
Yup.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
They should of left out Scarlet and the guy with the bow, forget his name. They look totally useless in the trailer and only add to the "too many characters" syndrome.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk /t/278084/avengers-movie-thread/120#post_3894652
They should of left out Scarlet and the guy with the bow, forget his name. They look totally useless in the trailer and only add to the "too many characters" syndrome.

Agreed, but not as much of a problem as the redone Captain America suit. Looks like he's dressed for a Halloween party and nearly as campy as the terrible suit from the 80's movie. Shame since the suit totally worked in his own movie.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Steve_Tk said:
I think Joss is just trying to stay true to the comic book series. On average the # of Avengers in the comics was about 9. 6 might work for the movie.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
yeah i can't believe they did CA's suit like that. this ain't Tim Burton's CA.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I like the trailer and everything I see in it!
EricW said:
yeah i can't believe they did CA's suit like that.  this ain't Tim Burton's CA.
I don't get the Tim Burton reference :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks