What's new

The Archive of Incomplete TV DVDs - Buyers Beware! (Updated 3/27/05) (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Since this list was deleted by the original poster, would it be ok if I started up another thread for it to be continuously updated? I'd be glad to look through this thread and take any updates since I always found it to be a great resource.

If I do the list, I have three ideas and I'd appreciate any input as to which everyone thinks would be the best:
1. A straightforward alphabetical list like the one initially posted, with the title and a brief description of the alteration.
2. Divided into several parts (Missing Footage/Episodes; Music Replacement; Misc.) with each list presented alphabetically.
3. The same as #2 but with an index in the first post that lists what category(ies) the title falls into.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Lots of recent incomplete TV on DVD sets since it was last posted. Here's what I've seen thus far, which obviously duplicates what's appeared in other threads:

The New Adventures of Superman - All of the Superboy segments have been left off the set.

Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - "Bored, She Hung Herself" left off the set; some music changed.

The Fugitive: Season 1, Volume 1 - Some music changed from the original broadcasts; some footage edited.

Dynasty: Season 2 - Same as above.

Soul Food: Season 2 - Same as above.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

Hi, I'm back.

It will take more time than you think! ;) It took a long time back when I made this and were a controllable number of incomplete TV show sets. Now it's way out of control...

I thought TVShowsOnDVD.com was going to be the way to go on this, but it looks like they're not updating that anymore or allowing users to update it.

csc0709

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
She-Ra Season 2 Released 9/4/2007

The first episode on the set has the complete wrong ending. It has the ending credits from season 1 as opposed to the ending credits from season 2.

All of the episodes on the set contain the wrong intro. In season 2, the Filmation logo changed colors, a different jingle, and the presents was changed to cursive writing. The Filmation logo was part of the introduction to both He-Man and She-Ra.

Don't know if BCI is aware of this, but this set should be corrected.

Marty McKee

Auditioning
Real Name
Marty McKee
Season 3 of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE has a disclaimer: "Some episodes may be edited from their original network versions." Sounds like some episodes may be syndication cuts. Anyone have any details? Back when TV Land ran M:I, the episodes were uncut.

ClassicTVFan1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Benjamin Edge
Incomplete DVDs that I have:

THE SCOOBY-DOO/DYNOMUTT HOUR

What should have been on the DVD set:
Opening title (one per show, which would bear the name THE SCOOBY-DOO/DYNOMUTT HOUR)
Segment intro (Scooby-Doo)
Segment (Scooby-Doo)
Segment intro (Dynomutt)
Segment (Dynomutt)
Closing title (one per show)

What it turned out as:
Opening title (THE SCOOBY-DOO SHOW, used for all 1976-79 Scooby episodes in syndication since 1980)
Segment (Scooby-Doo)
Closing title (THE SCOOBY-DOO SHOW)
Opening title (DYNOMUTT: DOG WONDER, used for all 1976-78 Dynomutt episodes as solo since 1978)
Segment (Dynomutt)
Closing title (DYNOMUTT: DOG WONDER)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

"The Contender" part 1 ran short - about 45-46 minutes. Either syndication edit or it had a long "next week" promo that didn't turn up when they were working on them.

wyldemusick

Auditioning
Real Name
David Alexander McDonald
Peter Gunn, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 from A&E are syndication masters, running 22 minutes rather than the 25-26 minutes they should run. No idea what's cut.

Shout! Factory's Ironside releases also seem to have some cuts, as the episodes are running 48 minutes or so rather than the 52 expected for episodes from that period.

Abel1337

Grip
Real Name
James Maureen
Wow what a great thread! I had no idea, Thank you for such good information and for the "heads up"

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I read a review of the The Real Ghostbusters DVD set that mentions some issues:
  • The original Columbia Pictures Television logo has been replaced in the end credits of every episode.
  • One episode is played at a slower speed than normal.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

An "Incomplete TV DVD" wiki would be could for keeping track of this sort of thing. Would anyone like to start one?

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
WHOA....WHOA....WHOA....Maybe everyone....ME TOO....should slow down. There is a Best Buy a Walmart a Target an FYE A Circuit City (Rest In Peace) in my back yard. (Yep that close). All of these individual stores are HUGE. And none of them...not one or any two combined...can stock their shelves with the vast number of TV DVD'S that are curantly on the market. We all look over TV SHOWS ON DVD. I do everyday. Heck, people, I don't even kiss my wife everyday. Everyday there's something new being released.
Maybe, just maybe, they're being produced too quickly. I purchase one of my favorite shows and wait a year and a half for the next season. In the meantime we're being flooded with shows that cause me to scratch my head. After consuming a half a box of band-aids I can see why shows are cut. Older shows have touched so many studio hands for syndication and commericals have become so much more time consuming thast NOBODY has full length episodes anymore. The Real McCoys for example are missing nearly 4 minutes per episode. A long time for a half hour show. Newer shows like Little House On The Prairie.Well, a little newer...are also trimmed.
Producers are just too quick to test the waters with neversending new shows while seemingly ignoring much of their own stuff that's already...and has been....floating out there for consumers.
Yes, I'm aware. Everything is based on PROFITS!!!! Well, maybe there aren't enough consumers to purchase all these sets. And when things don't sell everything comes to a halt. Fox used a flooded market for not releasing The Mary Tyer Moore show final 3 seasons. Give me a break! Like I really believe that from the numbers and NEW STUFF still coming out. Continued next year.....BLAH....BLAH...BLAH!!

I had a VHS copy of the "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" episode with the the full weigh-in of the Prize Turkey intact. I have transferred the episode to DVD-R. Sadly, the missing scene was also left out of the 2007 release of A&E's "Mr. Bean: The Ultimate Collection" Box Set, as my transferred copy is just a bit rough. Sometimes, I wonder if it was deliberately omitted because of a "weighty" blooper (for those who haven't seen this scene, a lengthy explanation is necessary!). First, Mr. Bean guesses the weight of the Turkey by first standing on a Digital Weight Scale holding the Bountiful Bird. That weight ends in a .5 numeral. Then, weighing just himself, the weight on the scale ends in a round numeral (no decimal). Yet, when he subtracts the weight using a calculator (!) the weight ends in a .125 numeral! As hilarious as it is, it's also quite incorrect, and given Rowan Atkinson's penchant for perfectionism, could it perhaps be the reason that this scene tends to be left out of broadcasts more often than not? Who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks