What's new

The 2nd Cleveland (Ohio) HT Meet Thread! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mike, please call me. I will send you a PM with my number.

Thanks.

Btw, someone tried to call me yesterday. I didn't recognize the number and there wasn't a message. If it was someone who wants to attend the meet, please leave a message so I know to call back.

Later,
George

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Well it looks like I'll be working tomorrow morning. I won't be there when it starts but I'll try to make it as soon as possible. I'll call my buddy tomorrow I'm 95% sure he'll come. See you guys tomorrow!

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey I just wanted to say thanks George for having us over again! I had a great time, I just wish I could have made it sooner. Your theater sounds even better now that you got new amps and I like the 6.1. Can't wait to hear it when you finish upgrading your speakers!

After comming away from George's I came back motivated and today I now have a 7.1 setup instead of a 5.1.

Mains: B&W DM602 S3
Center: B&W LCR60 S3
Sides: Paradigm Mini Monitor v2
Rears: B&W DM600 S3
Sub: SVS 20-39PCi

I'm using a pair of Paradigm speakers from the second 5.1 set I have until I can get a new pair of B&W's. I moved the SVS away from the wall next to the TV stand like George's and I also cranked the gain up from 1/4 to 1/2 and OMG! The floor and everything else rumbles like there's no tomorrow! Since I got the sub away from the wall I was able to put the mains in the corners instead of being next to the TV stand. I also placed the rears alot closer together for the 7.1 and the side speakers next to the couch. This way I could space out the rears and sides as much as possible. I'm able to get 5 feet of distance between the rear and sides. I can do six if I put the two rears next to each other but I don't feel I need to. Since I've gone to a 7.1 and better speaker placement the sound field has improved quite a bit. Only problem now is I need ALOT of new speaker wire since the one's I'm using now are a little short and I can't do nothing to hide all the wires. Wires everywhere!

George hit me up when you got some time I'm not doing anything. We can play some more games or something. I'm busy Wednesday and Friday night. There might be a possibility I could be busy tomorrow night too but its not set in stone yet. Same goes for everyone else just send me a PM.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
I would also like to thank you george for having us over again. It was another good time at the geocab home theater. Did you ever get that router working?

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey Mike I forgot to ask you when will you be having pictures of your theater online? Also George and I are hanging out Saturday if your interested and anyone else.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Well, i guess i would have to first get a website, then learn how to make the website. So as soon as i do that, they will be up. I actually saw in the deals page, web hosting for like 3 bucks a month...so maybe it will happen.

BTW, i am getting close to purchasing the BenQ6200, so i will definitely invite you guys over to see that...i am also trying to figure out a name for my theater (thinking "Hang'Em High Theater"), that's just an idea, though...

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
If you have a Yahoo account which is free you can upload the pictures into your Yahoo photo album for free. Least until you can create a site. I use a free hosting site like Tripod but I'll eventually pay for one to not have stupid adds and whatnot.

Keep us posted on the BenQ6200 hope you get it soon!

As far as a theater name goes I need one for myself now that you brought it up. "Hang'Em High" is a cool name for your theater.

Maybe mine could be "The Matrix Theater" huh? huh? really orignal huh guys? Than I could say "Welcome to The Matrix Theater". I know I'm a loser. Hehe. Walls are green and I have Matrix figures all around. Even my theater page is Matrix themed. Than I could have this cool looking abbreviation "TMT".

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
huh, i never thought of putting the photos in a yahoo photo album, that's a good idea, thanks ferdinand. i will definitely look into that.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey guys after much thinking I've decided to sell my set of Paradigm speakers. I was going to use them for a second theater but I've decided not to. I'd just rather buy a theater in a box if I still want the second theater for the computer room. Here is what I have and what I paid for them off Alan. All are in mint condition. I hope to break even if not close. The money will go towards a new pair of B&W speakers for the sides and new speaker wire all around.

CC-350 v.1 $150
Mini Monitors v.1 $150
Mini Monitors v.2 $200

I will give you guys first crack so if you want them or know somebody that might please let me know. Like I said I'd like to break even but if needed we can talk about the price.

Ferdinand

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
i might be interested in the mini-monitor v.2's, since my receiver has two rear channels that can be used for 7 channel surround or multizone stereo. I am thinking about putting them in my bedroom. I will let you know by the end of the weekend, if i want them...

thanks for the first crack Ferdinand,
Mike

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Let me know, $200 is a good deal. I bought them off Alan for $250 which is what I originally had them up for sale for but I want to sell them fairly quickly so I'm willing to take a loss on them. Going from 5.1 to 7.1 is nice. I like the improvement it made for me.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
George,

I paid Audio Visions and Jeff a visit today. I bought a brand new pair of B&W DM601 S3's for the sides. I also calibrated it all again but this time I used the receiver's test tones. There was a small improvement but what made a better improvement was getting the B&W's.

Guys,

George and I hung out lastnight and had a good time playing Unreal Championship. He let me borrow his digital camera to take new pictures of my theater which include my new B&W 601's. Here is the link to my Yahoo photo album slideshow. What do you think?

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mat...=/93e2&.src=ph

George I can drop off the camera whenever you'd like just let me know.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Nice Ferdinand...

Those Kevlar cones on the B&W's look cool naked like that!! I notice what looks like a large Cevin Vega sub. Do you run it along with the SVS?

I'm thinking of trying both my PW-2200 along with my SVS PC-Ultra,,,,if it ever gets here!!

Our little Cincy group is dead....but we are suppose to have a meet at Pat's in 2 weeks. He's the guy with Rockets and dual 16-46's.

Nice system Ferd!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks