What's new

The 2nd Cleveland (Ohio) HT Meet Thread! (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Thanks Alan! The B&W's are always naked. I decided to leave the grills off since I'm the only one who lives here. I love how they look plus it makes the room look nicer. The Vega isn't connected its just there for looks and also to fill in some empty space. The SVS is more than enough, though I might connect it one of these days just to see, I just need another cable.

Keep us posted on the SVS!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Ferdinand, i think i am going to pass on the mini's. after much debating over the weekend, i decided that i will be putting the $200 towards my projector. thanks for the offer, though.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
No problem Mike. I sold the Mini Monitor v.1 for $150. I've decided to give an even better deal to the HTF members. Whoever buys both the CC-350 and Mini's v.2 I'll knock another $50 off. So $300. I know you said your not interested but I just thought I'd let you know. :emoji_thumbsup:

[EDIT]

Nevermind I just put up this deal and there already sold. I just made back the money I spent from buying the 601's. Sweet!

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Where is everyone? Anyways I've had my Denon 2900 player for 4 months and I finally decided to see what this SACD feature was all about. So I went to Best Buy lastnight and looked thru there very small SACD selection. I did manage to find something I liked, Three Doors Down.

So I got home, put it in, the player recognized it as a SACD. So I hit play and it started playing but I wasn't hearing any sound. So after some cluelessness as to why it wasn't working and asking on the boards I found out what was involved. I basically had to buy more cables but its working now.

SACD is pretty neat. I like that it sounded sharper and cleaner. I also liked how it was mixed, pretty nice. Nothing mind blowing but still cool. I definitely plan on buying more SACD's and DVD-A's.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
sweet ferdinand, i have been wondering about SACD and DVD-A myself, thanks for the little review...i may have to check some out....

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
George and Ferdinand, what are you guys doing this saturday? I was thinking maybe you could swing by my place for some halo, maybe Lamarcus would play? plus you could check out my some of my stuff..

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Sounds like a good possibility, Mike. Could you send me your number again, I am not sure I still have it in my phone and I forgot to program it.

Later,
George

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
What time Mike? I'm going to the Auto Show tomorrow afternoon but I might be free during the evening. Keep me posted.

Hey guys I have a question for you. I plan to move in about a year and its most likely going to be a bigger house down in Orlando, FL. I doubt it can get much smaller than what I'm living in now. So I expect my new theater room to be bigger. I love my SVS 20-39PCi but I want even lower now. So I was thinking about getting a 16-46PCi to run it along with my 20-39PCi. This is my cheapest route but I'm looking for whats going to give me the best sound. Or I could save my money and when I'm ready sell my current SVS to get a PC-Ultra and be able to get variable 16 or 12Hz. Or even get a PB2-Plus. I don't plan to do anything anytime soon probably late summer or fall before I make my move. What do you think?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I'm getting the PC-Ultra, and may end up keeping my PW-2200 to run along with it!!

BTW....it shipped on Friday the 5th, and is scheduled for delivery on Monday the 8th.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hey George and Ferdinand,

i am going to have to you guys over another time, i just got back from columbus a little bit ago, and i am dead tired. we will try again soon...

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Mike,

You've been researching projectors what the word as far as whats good? Have you made a decision as to what projector you plan to buy?

Not sure if you guys knew this but SVS has new plaques available. They have a white version and black version. I just placed my order for black one. It's 8" tall by 16" long. I plan on buying another one in the future. Probably a white one. I want to put one plaque with my other ones at the entrance and one in the room itself. Pricey though $45 for one.

Here is the white one.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Awesome! I definitely want to see it! I haven't researched projectors much but I know BenQ makes good projectors.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mike,

Congrats on the purchase. How's the wait feel?:)

Actually, I don't have a calibration disk. Ferdinand has the original VE though.

Later,
Geo

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I have the original Video Essentials and a Rat Shack SPL meter if you want to use it. Let me know. By the way when are you suppose to receive the projector? I stopped by Audio Visions today to show a buddy. He was amazed and left depressed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks