What's new
World Wide Stereo

The 2nd Cleveland (Ohio) HT Meet Thread! (1 Viewer)

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
i am hoping to get it soon...but UPS says monday for delivery:frowning: , which friggin' sucks. i am hoping that it might come today...the vga to component will be here today, but i doubt that i will be there to receive it...that's not a big deal though

does UPS deliver on saturdays? i thought i have seen them driving around on saturdays...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i want my projector!!!

how about you guys come check it out on the 20th? i will definitely have it by then...Ferdinand that would be great if you could bring your calibration stuff...

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
well, i got it yesterday...

so far, so good...of course yesterday was one of the only sunny days in the last few weeks, so there was ton's of ambient light in place. Once it got dark, this thing looked awesome...of course i was playing halo, didn't really check out any movies yet. the first thing i need to do is install some black out drapes...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't know if the invitation to check out your projector is still on for tonight or not, but if it is, I'll have to pass. Something has come up and I have a lot to take care of. Yet another curve life likes to throw.

Geo

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey George, I got your messages but didn't get a chance to listen them until around 2:00 a.m. the last few days so I didn't call you back obviously because it was late. I've been busy the last few days so I haven't been able to call you back. Don't want to you to think I was blowing you off.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
i am not sure probably 50 or so, funny thing is that most of that is HALO. i have only watched two movies. i still need to calibrate it. it was really apparent yesterday when i watch "The One"...i tried using the THX optimizer from Toy Story, i wasn't overly impressed with it. I think i might order Avia and/or DVE...

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey guys. Sorry if I haven't contacted anyone or posted in awhile. I've been working like a dog training with my dad to learn how to drive an 18 wheeler. I also met this girl so she is taking up whatever free time I have left. Don't worry Goerge I'll make time for you. Hehe. I really wish I could have gone with you to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 I really want to see it. I also miss Unreal Championship. I just got my new Game Informer and it had an article on Halo 2. Man I can't wait! It sucks so so so bad being broke right now but it will be worth it. Xbox is now $150 and they have all these new games I want for dirt cheap along with a ton of DVD's like Kill Bill, The Rundown, etc.. Dang it! I also read an article on Unreal Championship 2. That's going to be cool as well.

Mike,

How you been? How is that projector comming along? Doing good? Give us an update!

George,

Sorry for not getting back to you. I really want to hang out and play some Halo and Unreal with you. Just need to get some time. How have you been?

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Sup guys...projector is still cool, and by cool i mean totally sweet. Are you guys free on this Saturday to check it out and play some Halo?

George, got your message last night, and all i have to say is...damn you! just when i told myself i was going to stop buying stuff for awhile. how long have you had it? it is the plus version right? i am interested...when should i let you know by?

Mike

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
How about around 5pm or 6pm on saturday? BTW, are you bringing you 39 inch friend?

Ferdinand, can you make it?

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
George, i would say bring it but only if it can stay there...since you need your bass we can work something out later. not a problem.

PM sent with directions

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey, thanks a lot, Mike! You got me back for the Wilhelm scream. I was so used to my image on my screen, I didn't see screendoor anymore. Now after spending some hours with your projector, I see screendoor on mine again!:angry:

:D

Anyway, thanks for having me over. It looks good. I really like the color with your BenQ. I feel sorry for your neighbors when you get that SVS hooked up! And I've got to get that router up and running so I can finally play some Halo with you guys. Maybe I'll get more than 7 kills!

Oh, and I also liked your homemade equipment shelves. Very cool. And that Harmon/Kardon looks and sounds sweet!

I was able to hang my signs today. I'm still not sure which order I like best.:rolleyes:

Here's a pic:

We'll have to start planning another meet soon!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the compliments george...i like the way those pictures look as is.

7 kills is pretty good for a first-timer.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Sorry guys. :frowning: I had plans made early in the week so there was no way I could make it over. I wish I could have gone.

Goerge,

Where did you get those signs and those frames? There cool.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ferdinand,

When you've got some time, I'm sure we can head over Mike's again. I doubt he'll have a problem with that. Unless, of course we get all loud and rowdy and make a nuisance of ourselves and bother his neighbors and what not.:D

I got the signs from a link somewhere in this forum. I don't know if it is still active, though. I tried to find it, or the thread where I got the info from. Anyway, I printed them out on my computer. I bought the frames at Wal-Mart. $12 upgrade.;) I wish they all were so cheap!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mike,

Sent you a PM about tomorrow. See you then.

George

P.S. Get yourself an SPL meter if you can.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mike, how's it sound for ya? I'll tell you one thing, I am sure glad that I have Bass Shakers. I put my old sub back into my system and while it isn't a bad sub, an SVS it is not.

I'll have to hear it in your place. Maybe another Halo night.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Sounds pretty good so far, although i haven't played around with it that much....though, i was rattling some stuff yesterday:)

Ferdinand, i did steal, err, i mean buy george's sub...i will let george tell you what he is getting this weekend

BTW, that is a pretty sweet website Ferdinand

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks