What's new

Tenet (2020) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, those of you who thought this was an IMAX 70mm exclusive run appear to be correct. Tenet isn't playing anywhere near me at all this weekend. Oh well.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
From a Reddit forum:

A. The Cineplex Vaughan IMAX 70mm 3pm show yesterday experienced an issue and they showed it in digital single laser (ie. no 1.43:1). Apparently they fixed it in time for the 7pm show. Hopefully it works as this is the cinema I’m watching Tenet at next week! Luckily ticket holders were notified by email so they could get a refund if so desired.

B. King of Prussia IMAX 70mm was replaced with digital shows as well due to problems. Ticket holders were apparently not notified.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I think it's an IMAX only release (not just 70MM). But I don't think it's playing in any standard theaters.

The IMAX run has ended, but I'm seeing a small number of showings this weekend in standard digital auditoriums at my usual theater (Veterans 24 Tampa).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
As mentioned earlier in either the Oppy or Dune 2 thread, nabbed a great seat (that someone cancelled) at the Lincoln Square IMAX for their add-on Thurs matinee show (just before they switched to Dune 2 that early-evening) for my 1st actual viewing of this -- I own the 4K disc, but never got around to seeing it off my huge backlog. Interestingly, seemed like at least a couple others immediately around my seat cancelled last minute or were just no-shows -- their loss.

Definitely need to revisit soon-ish at home... though I feel like this film probably benefited less from the 1.43:1 (V)AR than most other Nolan IMAX films, including Oppy, so my 4K disc should do well me thinks...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks