What's new

Tempest vs. SVS Ultra on Klipsch Forum (1 Viewer)

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
My tempest and Parts Express 250 watts amplifier will arrive (hopefully) this Saturday. There is a discussion on the Klipsch Forum regarding Tempest Sonosubs and SVS Ultra's. I posted that, regarding the principal factor involved in making bass AIR D I S P L A C E M E N T a Tempest should equal the Ultra.
Tom (from SVS) was open to see if that is possible and mentioned distortion tests to "prove" it.
I will do my own set of tests and find out, at least from my point of view, if a Tempest project is really that good comparing it to a commercial and professionally designed sub.
Hmm, and not only "a sub" but actually one of the very best out there!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Do you have an open field you can go to, to take the ground plane measurements? Make sure you get in touch with Tom on how you should be taking the measurements. I'd really like to see your results and Tom's response to them.
And I had to quit reading that thread after a while and just skip to the end. theEAR certianly is a character. I especially like how he has had a servo15, two PS1000 subs, a pair of ultras and has built almost a dozen subs himself using radio shack drivers and used JLAudio car drivers from the 80s :p)
I wonder what he'd do if he ever heard a pair of Uber15s :D

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Dustin
I will contact Tom as soon as my Tempest is ready. And of course I will comeback here and post my results.
It won't be that soon, but perhaps in a month or so. ;)
Oh, and about "theears" is just a clown. Most of his posts (does that guy have a life?) are fun reading (at least when he is not insulting others) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks