What's new

SVS sub x-over? (1 Viewer)

James Buhler

Stunt Coordinator
HI,

I'm still thinking of buying a 1646CS and wanted to use a seperate amp to drive it. (QSC RMX850) However, in thinking about this I realized that I won't have any way to adjust the crossover freq. as I would with the powered sub. My reciever has no real bass management (HK AVR-500) with a crossover point of 80Hz I believe. This wouldn't really meet my needs as I do like to adjust the crossover to meet the needs of the source material I am listening to. (40hz for music etc.) Does anyone have any ideas of how I can overcome this dilemma without spending major bucks?

Thanks,

James

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
How much bass management do you need? You aren't going to get a lot more with a powered sub.....Sure, you'll have a variable cross-over point. But 80 is sufficient for most peoples purposes. I have a fixed 80 cross-over in my Onkyo and it hasn't proven limiting. I could use the variable cross in my sub, but I've not had the need.

I guess I don't see it as that big of a deal. Perhaps others will chime in with differing opinions.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I'll echo Stephen's reasoning. Just plug the sub out into the external amp with an 80 Hz xo and have at it. I use 80 Hz for HT/music and also find it an excellent choice.

If all fails, buy an Outlaw ICBM for $250.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks