1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

SVS SB-2000 or PB-2000

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by erew99, Mar 11, 2014.

1. questrider

questrider Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Brian
    After owning the PB-2000 now for over a month I can confidently say that I never had owned a proper subwoofer in the past. Getting the SVS dialed-in and through the break-in period took some time but I am now continually blown away by the tightness and overall focused rumble of this subwoofer. Incredible! There have even been times while watching a 5.1/7.1 blu-ray when there is literally no low frequency "sound" (that I can hear with the limitations of my human ears) but the subwoofer produces an amazingly "invisible" vibration :ph34r: that I can feel in my gut. Spectacular! I am now an SVS convert and wished I would have gotten one sooner. Who knew?! ;) :thumbs-up-smiley:

Mike Frezon likes this.
  2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Isn't that fun?!? :thumbsup:

questrider likes this.
  3. questrider

questrider Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Brian
    After dialing everything in that I can I am still curious about the phase dial that ranges from 0° to 180°. All of my "subwoofers" in the past only had a switch of either 0° to 180°. This dial confuses me a bit because I'm not sure where to set it. In the case of dialing in this SVS PB-2000 I ended up choosing all the way to 180° because that seemed to produce the biggest "oomph!" but I have to admit I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to set this or how I setup some sort of frequency analyzer to literally tell me where to set it.

Regardless, I'm still more than pleased with the performance of the SVS in comparison to my past JBL wannabes. Just curious if there's something I'm missing on the frequency spectrum with this phase dial. [​IMG]

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You would need a real time analyzer to properly set up your phase dial. At your seating position, you will see some dips in the frequency response and you adjust the dial slowly to see if they disappear.

But if your receiver has an auto calibration option and your sub has a distance value, then that does exactly the same thing. Once your system is calibrated, don't touch the sub's phase knob.