What's new

1 or 2? (1 Viewer)

GoNolesJW

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Williams
Which do you suggest? I’m wanting to upgrade my sub and was going to get the SVS PB 3000 but after reading the benefits of 2 subs, am I better off going with two PB 2000 Pro? The room is 20x20 and I watch movies and sports 90% with 10% music

Thanks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Can you swing two SB3000s Instead of PBs?

What are your placement options?

GoNolesJW

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Williams
From a pricing standpoint, yes. However, I feel as though I want ported for a better base response on movies. Music isn’t that important to me. Wouldn’t I lose some of that with the SB? The room is 20x20 and fully enclosed. I had planned to put both against front wall under the tv, but really can put them anywhere.
Thanks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
First, placement of subs is the most important thing. You can't just throw them into a room wherever and expect the best performance. Under the TV really isn't going to be the best location. Subs tend to perform best in the corner of the room, and dual subs tend to work best in opposing corners (front right, back left, or front left, back right). There are a lot of other factors that play in, and a square room also creates a lot of problems. But I would seriously try in opposing corners.

As far as sealed subs go, people love to think that ported is the only way to go with movies, but that's not the full story. A ported model might have slightly lower extension and output, but sealed ones, especially better ones, have their own strengths. A ported model will always have the potential to get sloppy or even make mechanical noises when driven too hard and too low. Sealed ones physically can't do that. Personally, I would go with two SB3000s every day of the week over two PB2000s. They're even the same price.

I know I'm going against 30 years of subwoofer philosophy, but subs have changed a LOT in that time. Sealed subs in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks