What's new

SVS PC PLUS or HSU-VTF-3 (1 Viewer)

Miles Abbey

Agent
Should I wait for the pc-plus or get instant gratification with an HSU vrf-3?? The SVS has 500-watt amp and the HSU vrf-3 has a 250-watt amp. It looks like the SVS should be superior to the HSU from the standpoint of power. Has anyone heard both the CS plus and the HSU vrf-3? It looks like the SVS boys are trumping the HSU. Is this accurate?

Thanks,

Miles

KeithBR

Agent
They are both excellent subs.
IMO one does not out do the other.
It's just personal preference, and yes I not only have heard them both, but I own them both.
As far as comparing them to a HGS 18.....?
Depending on where you buy the Velodyne HGS 18, you could buy 2 or 3 VTF-3's and 20-39PC+'s for hte price of 1 HGS 18.
So how would 2or3 of either one of these subs stand up to a HGS18?
Does that really need to be answered?

What speakers do you currently own?

BTW the number (250 - 500 - 1000 - 3000) on the amp has nothing to do with which sub will out perform the other.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I just bought the VTF-3 about 3 weeks ago and now have had some time to play with it. It is a very nice sub for the money, but not in the same league as the HGS-18 or an M&K 5000 MK2. I think the argument becomes more clear when you consider (3) VTF-3's versus an HGS or M&K. The HGS-18 has an 18" Forward Firing Driver, 23 Pound Magnet, and is controlled by a 1,250 Watt rms Digital Switching Amplifier! It weighs in at 105lb's and costs around $3200.00. We all wish we could get a sub for $850.00 that goes head to head with the big Velodyne. I am considering a second sub and the PC-Plus looks like it should outperform the HSU...more port area and more power. The unknown is the driver and HSU doesn't say much about the specs on the driver in the VTF-3. I would guess if there is and advantage it would not be earth shattering. A significant step up from the VTF-3 would be to go with dual CS-Plus subs.$1,300 for a full dual 25-31CS-Plus...
easily tunable to 20Hz as you know would clearly cost more than a VTF-3 but have massively more output and should go considerably lower.It's just money....we need to persuade SVS to assemble a powered Ultra...I'll pay the extra shipping costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks