What's new

Surround system under 1000.00 (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
With a thousand dollar budget, I've come up w/ the following: Paradigm Atoms(front)-- 180.00
Paradigm Micro(rears)-- 150.00
CC-170 (center)-- 150.00
Thought the Micros would be easier to mount up on the walls in rear as well as look a little better(smaller).
Now, Im left with 400.00 - 500.00 for a reciever. Im trying to decide between Denon and Yamaha. However, it seems that there are several different lines for each brand. For example Best Buy sells one 'line' while the local audio store by me sells another...Looking for reciever opinions(models #?) as well as any suggestions on the Paradigms...(I heard these once and Im sold)
Thanks.. Mike

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
The differences in model numbers on the Yamaha stuff is just that....differences in model numbers.
In order to sell cheaper, the mass merchants get the same receivers with different numbers.
If your goal is to spend as little as possible, you should look at the Yamahas. Denon will always be more money.
But you should also look at Pioneer and Sony as well.
All have inexpensive, but decent, units out at the mass merchants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks