What's new

Suggestions for a 2nd Zone Amp (1 Viewer)

ChuckE

Grip
I need to purchase an amp for my second zone. I will be running 1-2 pairs of speakers in the house and 3 pairs outside. Will probably need 10+ channels. I have Sonance in-walls and Sonance Mariners outside. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks.
Chuck

ChuckE

Grip
Come on people. How about some suggestions? I have 5.1 set up in my family room with some Vandersteen speakers all around. I need an amp for my second zone. Someone suggested getting a 2 channel amp and a speaker selector box versus getting say an 8 - 12 channel amp with only 40 or so watts per channel. If I get a stereo amp with say 200+ watts per channel, I understand that it will need to be able to take a 4 ohm load. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Chuck

Mark Russ

Second Unit
How about the Harman Kardon PA 4000? If I'm not mistaken, I think you can power up to 4 pairs of speakers at 45 watts per channel, or 1 pair at 100 watts PLUS 2 pairs at 45 watts, or simply 2 pair at 100 watts per channel. Plus, you can use 2 different sources simultaneously on it
There's also an older Adcom amp, I think 2535 was the model #, that could power up to 2 pairs at 60 watts per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks