What's new

New construction receiver suggestions for 2 media rooms (1 Viewer)

dougfox

Auditioning
Real Name
doug
Media room1
TV: LG C1 77"
Speakers: 5.2.1 with zone 2 in kitchen so need 9 channel AVR
Inputs: AppleTV 4K

Media room2
TV: Need to buy >80" - Considering Sony X91CJ 85" from Costco for $2K
Speakers: 5.2.2 - Subs can be mono
Inputs: AppleTV 4K, PS5
Note: AVR will be connected to TV over 50' fiber HDMI

Both my current AVR's are dated and the new home supports more channels then they can process. Any AVR more compatible with Homekit & Sonos? I have a Sonos amp for my outdoor. I know I can buy Sonos Port for the receivers.

Any chance for a Denon x2800h or x3800h release soon? Or suggest Integra DRX 3.4/5.4 or Onkyo RZ50? My hope is to run all inputs through the receiver. I'm unsure if the fiber can ARC since it is directional.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi Doug,

Homekit can be spotty, but generally I've found they work well with D&M products.

To truly integrate with Sonos, you'll need the port or a device that "Works with Sonos". I recall this being pretty limited last time I looked, as it's expensive for the manufacturer, though Onkyo was doing it for a while. The connect/port will work with any device that has an RCA input.

The newer fiberoptic HDMI cables from Monoprice etc mostly support ARC - but you need to confirm on the specs before buying to be sure.

Finally, re the D&M roadmap, with their recent acquisition I am unsure what their product roadmap looks like. I will be attending AXPONA in a few weeks, and am hoping to get some updates from industry contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks