What's new

Zone 2 Issue (1 Viewer)

Mike Zimmerman

Auditioning
It was suggested in the basics forum that I post this here for help...

I have my Denon 1803 hooked up to a Sony receiver via the Denon's Zone 2 line-out. I hope to have 4 speakers running from the Sony. The Denon runs the 5 HT speakers and (I hope) 2 more speakers from the Zone 2 speaker connections. I have the 6th amp on the Denon assigned to the 2nd zone.

I have optical cables running from my Sat Box, DVD, and CD players to the Denon receiver.

So far nothing when I pull all this together. Since there's no digital output to Zone 2 would I need to run coax cables from each of the input sources to the Denon or should the Denon recognize the digital input and send it to the Sony receiver as analog?

Does any of this make sense?

One other thing. The guys at Good Guys said I could not run the 2 speakers off the Denon Zone 2 speaker terminals when I use the line-out to another amp. The owners manual states that the "speaker out and line-out terminals can be used simultaneously in Zone 2". They will just have seperate volume controls. Anyone here have experience with this?

Thanks,

Mike

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I could never get the zone 2 to work with my AVR-1803. I even worked with Denon's support, but after trying all that was suggested, I decided to return the receiver.

However, do keep in mind that you can't use a digital connection between your CD/DVD player and the receiver for zone 2. The connection has to be an analog one. You'll have to pull out a set of RCA cables and connect it accordingly and make sure your CD/DVD player is set to output a PCM signal.

But, before doing all of this, you might just want to "test" your setup using the tuner on the receiver. It will be much easier to utilize until you get the sound working in zone 2.

Best of luck. :)

Mike Zimmerman

Auditioning
I actually got it to work last night. I did need the RCA connections from the CD, DVD, and SAT Box to the Denon. The 2 speakers from the speaker out are running off the Denon receiver amp and the 4 off the Line-out to the Sony are running off the Sony. Works great.

Thanks,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks