What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sub frequency response (1 Viewer)

selge

Auditioning
Hi,

I would like to know about frequency response in subwoofer. Here is my question:

If subwoofer spec states Frequency response: 50-200hz, does it mean there is no point buying one if main speakers frequency response is 50hz-20khz?

Would it actually sound deeper with a sub with frequency response of 50-200hz?

Because I noticed unless you spend $500+ on sub you can't really get one with frequency response less than 50hz.

Thank you for your help

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Well, your mains probably won't be able to play all the way down to 50hz in your room. Even if they can, freeying them of the burdin of playing all that low stuff will make everything else sound better. That means use a sub. In most music, there is information down into the 40hzs and sometimes 30hzs range. You are gonna want a sub that can play dwon this low, so that sub you found is not worth the money.

For less than 500 you can build a sub that will punish lots of other subs at the same price. It will be able to play down low and will be great for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks