What's new

speaker stands for JBL S38IIs (1 Viewer)

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I need stands about 2 feet tall and able to accomodate the S38s in their horizontal position. Can't seem to find any.

Joseph Sabato

Stunt Coordinator
Shane,

24" stands will be too short, I am using 28" stands from Sanus (available at Crutchfield) for my S36's (surround channels, also horizontally oriented)and thet puts the mid/tweets at about ear level. My S38's are on bookshelfs up front for now.

One caution, if you have small kids/large dogs that might bump in to the stand, you may want to go to a hollow metal stand with a wide base that you can fill with sand for extra weight (Parts Express has some of those) since the S38 is a lot heavier than the S36 (which uses a molded ABS enclosure).

Also, any stand of that height will have a relatively small top plate, usually 6 x 6, you may want to consider bolting on a larger plate ( made out of MDF and painted to match) so the S-38's wont be balanced on a small surface. Good Luck

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Angelo, that would be perfect!

After much looking and internal debating I've decided to build my own stands ala flexy style. Should be neat.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I use pedestals from Hobby Lobby, similar to the post from Angelo.m... They were like some rosin, I was able to fill them some, they seem very solid now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks