What's new

Just bought the HK525...now I need help on speakers...Fluance owners please chime in (1 Viewer)

Jack Russell

Auditioning
I'm leaning heavily toward the following Fluance speakers:

Floor Standing Speakers AV-5
Bipolar Surround Speakers AV-BP2
Home Cinema Acoustic Center Channel AV-SC
DB-150 10" 150 watt sub

I've got a $1300 budget. I bought the HK for $578. The Fluance speakers will cost me about $600 including shipping. I still have to get the speakers and cables and I want to get an all-in-one LCD remote. I figure that'll pretty much bring me close to my budget.

Are there are speakers that I should be considering without going over my budget? I was deciding between the Energy 5.2 + sub, JBL S38II/JBL S26II/JBL S-Center/+ sub. The Energy's and the JBL's would cost me more and I'd still have to get a sub.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
I have Fluance speakers for about 5 months now. These speakers do perform quite nicely for the price of $250. Can't ask for anything more. After I calibrated the speakers, these speakers are comparable with $800-$1000 range or maybe more. I live in an apartment and these speakers serve me perfectly. Add the AR 108S sub, this lil sub is just another good choice i made. I do recommand the sub as well for an apartment. Yesterday, I put in LOTR,fellow of the ring movie. And listen it at about 8dbs under the reference level. These speakers sound great. The openning scene where the narative talks, it sounds so clear. And on the bridge scene, believe it or not I feel a lil air pressure come from that lil AR sub. I have to turn it down a lil due to the fact that my neighbors weren't happy about me crank it up so high before hehehe. I'm very satisfy w/ these speakers. And highly recommand to anyone that is looking for budget speakers. BTW, I am using Yamaha 5560. Recommand that reciever as well. Thanks to all you guys that helping me out. Figure that I should share my lil story. Peace out!

Al,

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
i also own & love Fluance, have the SX-HTB 5 pc. setup + the Dayton 10" sub...good combo, staggering when price is factored in...under 500$ including shipping i believe for a complete & nice sounding 5.1 setup INCLUDING sub...
havent heard any other Fluances tho, so can't comment on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks