Speaker stands for JBL N26's?????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wil_J, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

For those of you that have the N26's, you know that it isn't very easy to find speaker stands for these (at least I haven't been able to yet).
    I need speaker stands for my two N26's that I use as my main speakers. I have looked and looked again at all the places I can think of that are in my area, including Circuit City and Best Buy. There aren't any deticated HT stores in my area that I know of, I even drove a couple of hours to the next major city (Jefferson City Missouri) and visited their HT store and STILL couldn't find any.
    I need help with this problem. Does ANYONE know where I can get some speaker stands that will hold N26's comfortably?
    For those of you that don't know what N26's look like, here is a link: JBL Northridge N26 speakers .......Wil
    ------------------
    My DVD's
    "The rose petal floats on water,
    the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
    Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
    *******The Wheel of Time

2. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Wil, I got my stands at circuit City, they are 2 ft. tall with a platform. I had to drill a small hole in the back of the platform and secure the swing out leg thing on the N-26 with a zip tie.
    These are not the easiest thing to mount, but with a little work can be secured just fine. Their worth the work though because they sound so good!
    The stands are about $40 at CC
    ------------------
    Sean
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

3. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Sean,
    Do you have pictures? It would be nice if I could see them so I know what I'm looking for.......Wil
    ------------------
    My DVD's

al'Lan Mandragoran,
    *******The Wheel of Time

4. Sean Conklin

I do have some pictures, but I do not have a scanner to put them on the computer, if you know of a way for me to put them on let me know. Maybe a library? I don't know anyone with a scanner either.
    I just took some pictures that I have to develop, if you want I could send you some.
    ------------------
    Sean

5. Blake Middleton

6. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Sean,
    Sure if you want to send me some. Is there a Kinko's in your area? If you went to kinkos they would only charge you a couple bucks to scan pictures. If you do want to send them to me, e-mail me at "[email protected]" and I will send you my address.......Wil
    ------------------
    My DVD's

al'Lan Mandragoran,
    *******The Wheel of Time

7. Sean Conklin

Wil, I do not have a Kinkos nearby, I don't even think there's any in Montana.
    Anyway I think Blakes link would be a better choice than what I have concocted, these are made for the N-26 specifically and would recommend these over the generic stands I got.
    In fact I am going to move my stands into the living room and look into getting the specific N-26 stands in Blakes link.
    But I will look around for a scanner and see if I can publish my pics, so I can share them with the HTF!
    Can anyone tell me if I scan my pics onto a website, can I access them at home and pull them into my computer? And where would I send my pics if I located a scanner?
    In fact if anyone wants to help me with specific info on how to do this please Private message me or e- mail me with info, I would be super grateful!! I just don't know jack about this! I mean I know nothing, I would need to know the process all the way from the scanner to accessing them from my computer, downloading into my computer and then putting them in a link or on the theater page. Thanks!
    P.S. I don't blame anyone if they don't want to touch this [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Sean
    [Edited last by Sean Conklin on October 31, 2001 at 11:27 PM]

8. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The Canadian distributor for JBL has a pair of Quest-brand speaker stands that include mounting brackets specifically for JBL. They're a basic 3 leg design with either a 30" or 37" height. They are $59.95 Canadian (~$38US + shipping). Let me know if you want to see a picture.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

9. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I want to check out all possiblities. Please, post all possible pics. [​IMG]......Wil
    ------------------
    My DVD's

al'Lan Mandragoran,
    *******The Wheel of Time

10. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter