What's new

Speaker Placement Question (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Justin
So I ended up putting all 3 front speakers above the screen. I have to say I couldn't be happier with the decision. The bottom of each speaker is about 2" above the top of the screen. After using the Audyssey setup mic that came with the Dennon X1000, the sound is crisp and seems to come from the screen. I haven't had any issues with sound seeming to come from above the screen.

As far as image quality goes, I also couldn't be happier. My throw distance ended up being right at 13'. When I first fired up the projector it was midday with a good amount of sunlight in the room. There was a noticeable hot spot in the top middle part of the screen. After putting about 22 hours on the Epson, I calibrated it using the Disney WOW disc in 3 different lighting conditions (Day, Night with lights, Night no lights). The hot spot has all but disappeared.

I've watched several NBA and NFL games and a few blurays, and the image quality is stunning. I've tried all the various color modes and find THX at lowest lamp setting perfect for my environment.

The only slight hiccup I've come across so far is in very bright scenes, sometimes you can see the texture of the black diamond screen. It's a minor gripe and other than that I couldn't be more pleased.

I will try to post some pics later.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did you stick with the in-wall, or move to a on-wall flat speaker?

Pics would be telling anyway...and can wait.

Glad you got it set up. Shows you can get good results with a tough room. Thirteen feet probably results in a cleaner picture over a closer mount.

Real Name
Justin
schan1269 said:
Did you stick with the in-wall, or move to a on-wall flat speaker?

Pics would be telling anyway...and can wait.

Glad you got it set up. Shows you can get good results with a tough room. Thirteen feet probably results in a cleaner picture over a closer mount.
securedownload (1).jpg

securedownload (2).jpg

securedownload (3).jpg

securedownload (4).jpg

View attachment 7488

Here are a few pics.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Curiosity on my end...Did you mount those tweeter up or down?Assuming you bought 5 with aimable tweeters (don't remember specifics).I would have mounted the rears lower...but up there keeps the symmetry. (WAF probably required the symmetry...)

Real Name
Justin
schan1269 said:
Curiosity on my end...Did you mount those tweeter up or down?Assuming you bought 5 with aimable tweeters (don't remember specifics).I would have mounted the rears lower...but up there keeps the symmetry. (WAF probably required the symmetry...)
Tweeters are on top. They are adjustable but I haven't messed with that. It sounds good to me and haven't had any complaints about sound seeming to come from above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks