What's new

Room shape and dimensions (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think I used 40º viewing angle to screen as the guide for my front row, maybe a bit closer.

You seem to have a lot of empty space in the back of the room. Any plans for that? If it's just dead space, it might be worth thinking about that third row, for a big party. Or something else creative? Or even shrinking the room to tighten it up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not sure I understand the concern/reluctance about freestanding speakers for the front LCR if you're going w/ an AT screen (and have plenty of space there) anyway. OR are you somehow thinking you can't/shouldn't do in-walls just for the surrounds?

_Man_

Dinkie

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
I think I used 40º viewing angle to screen as the guide for my front row, maybe a bit closer.

You seem to have a lot of empty space in the back of the room. Any plans for that? If it's just dead space, it might be worth thinking about that third row, for a big party. Or something else creative? Or even shrinking the room to tighten it up.
Dave, I'm not expecting anyone would put the LCRs in harm's way but definitely the sides and back speakers would be subject to the over-served. That lead to giving more thought to doing in-walls for the front channels as well. Hoping that would help keep the timbre among all of the speakers a little closer. I read that somewhere, LOL! I'm not too worried about having the option to change speakers or treat this room as a hobby. It will be with 98% certainty a one-and-done project.
With regard to the extra space in back, I won't put theater seats back there but I have given some thought to a bar height, arc shaped countertop/bar-like table with some stools for the one or two times we may host a SuperBowl party, etc.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks