What's new

So...where's the Strange Brew DVD MGM promised us? (1 Viewer)

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
My two kids have been saving their allowance for weeks to see this DVD. What am I supposed to tell them??!?! Just what the heck am I supposed to tell them??!?!!?!
:D :D

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
According to my calendar, there are more than two months left in summer.

According to my calendar, summer is less than a month old.

Jumping the gun a bit, are we?

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
According to my calendar, there are more than two months left in summer.
According to my calendar, summer is less than a month old.
Jumping the gun a bit, are we?
Not at all. Anything coming out this summer has already been announced (or the word about it has been spread). However, there has been a recent JOYOUS announcement:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/07_15.html
"Last but not least, at long last Dave and Doug McKenzie come to DVD in Strange Brew, the 80's cult classic that's best viewed when plastered. Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and 2.0 surround, extras include excerpts from "Great White North" SCTV episodes and "The Animated Adventures of Bob and Doug McKenzie," and the trailer. Retail again is $19.95."
It will be coming out on October 1, and looks like a great edition. If only it had commentary :frowning:.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Ah...so it is coming out about ten days after the end of summer. Not the end of the world, I think, that they missed their goal by ten days. And the overall point, of course, is that it is jumping the gun to complain that something that was supposed to happen during a certain time frame hasn't happened yet, when you're not even one third of the way through that time frame!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Awesome. Now if The Money Pit is released on DVD, I will no longer own any VHS tapes.
"I'm from the department of justice, I'm hear to adjust the beds"

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Awesome. Now if The Money Pit is released on DVD, I will no longer own any VHS tapes.
"I'm from the department of justice, I'm here to adjust the beds"

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ah...so it is coming out about ten days after the end of summer. Not the end of the world, I think, that they missed their goal by ten days. And the overall point, of course, is that it is jumping the gun to complain that something that was supposed to happen during a certain time frame hasn't happened yet, when you're not even one third of the way through that time frame!
Technically that may be the end of summer, but most people think of summer as the months from June to August (the hot months). In any event, when I posted this thread it was about the time an announcement should've been made if the DVD was going to debut for summer.

So, do you have anything contribute to the thread, or would you just like to complain some more?

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I can't complain some more, because I haven't complained the first time. Pointing out a fallacy is not the same as complaining. Whether you know that summer is usually June 21 to September 21, or if you are under the mistaken impression that it's June, July, and August, it's still not over, so whining that it hasn't come yet is pointless. If you had waited a bit, you might have been satisfied by the announcement that you just found. I guess announcements don't always come when you think they should.
Perhaps studios should use quarters, not seasons, as mentioned in this thread. I don't know if it would help some people be more patient, but at least there should be less confusion as to the exact time frame involved.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Tom wasn't whining... he was inquiring, with perhaps a touch of concern that there hadn't been an announcement yet. There's lots of inquiring here at HTF, which I was under the impression was encouraged. However, thread-crapping isn't... which is exactly what you're doing, Justin. If you aren't going to contribute something positive to the discussion, why post at all?
Back on topic: Octobert 1st can't come soon enough for me! "Fleshy-headed mutant, are you friendly?" :laugh:

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Tom wasn't whining... he was inquiring, with perhaps a touch of concern that there hadn't been an announcement yet. There's lots of inquiring here at HTF, which I was under the impression was encouraged. However, thread-crapping isn't... which is exactly what you're doing, Justin. If you aren't going to contribute something positive to the discussion, why post at all?
Exactly. It wasn't my intent to whine, I was just curious about the absence of the expected announcement of one of my favorite comedies. I'm not trying to bag on you Justin, but your presence in this thread so far has been rather troll-like. Please just stick to the topic or don't post any further in the thread.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
So, do you have anything contribute to the thread, or would you just like to complain some more?
Hey, *I* have a complaint. Here it is:
Didn't anyone here see MY Strange Brew thread, with the supplement list and cover art and everything? :frowning:
Just ignore me why doncha...

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I didn't say Tom, or anyone else by name, was whining. I do think there has been some whining in this thread, though. Not very strong whining, true.

Why post at all? Because this is a message board, isn't it? It's for people to post their thoughts, share their feelings, share their knowledge, isn't it? I think you're greatly mistaken if you consider having a different opinion to be "thread-crapping". I think this place would be incredibly boring, and a hell of a lot smaller, if the only kind of reply that was allowed was something like, "Oh, I think you're so right, you're so cool."

So please excuse the hell out of me if I have a different opinion. Please excuse the hell out of me if I think it's wrong to complain/whine/state/whatever that something hasn't happened when the window of oportunity for it to happen isn't over yet.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Hey, *I* have a complaint. Here it is:
Didn't anyone here see MY Strange Brew thread, with the supplement list and cover art and everything?
Just ignore me why doncha...
Eek, I musta missed it! I've been spending too much time in the polls area. Great coverage Dave, though it's too bad about the snapper :frowning:.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
My Positive Contribution to This Thread #1:

I agree, snapper cases suck, and it's too bad this movie will be in one. Although, I guess, coming from Warner, it was to be expected...still, it would have been nice to have some fancy special packaging, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks