What's new

So...where's the Strange Brew DVD MGM promised us? (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I distinctly remember these words surfacing in the Warner Brothers HTF chat: "Strange Brew, on DVD Summer 2002". So what's happening? There hasn't been any word of this :frowning:.
-Tom

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
It's distributed by Warner Bros. and I wish I knew where it is. Maybe if I give up my last jelly donut, someone will tell us, eh!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious, too. I wonder if Ron or someone else with contacts inside WB can look into this. I understand that the DVD listing comes and goes from the WB press site, never listing anything definate by way of features or release date or even cover art, and I'm told that currently it's not there on the press site once more, though it was just a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect that this one is hung up for some reason, and that it might be longer than "summer" before we see it. Especially since Warner is starting to announce titles for the Fall.

Does anyone have anyone at Warner who can 'fess up to the situation with these hosers here, eh?

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Emailed my WB rep concerning this. Got a reply that basically said she did not have any information concerning this title. :frowning:
Me and my brother used to say that having a DVD of Strange brew would be like Heaven. Now he's not here and I've got 2 soakers... This isn't Heaven; This SUCKS!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Curses! I remember it being promised in a chat but I look at my Strange Brew VHS :angry: box and it said MGM. Mod, change the title :D?
-Tom

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Just because they don't know what it is... Doesn't mean they're lying.
Winner - reference of the month. The usage was so perfect it was like the line was written as the intended response. :)
Seriously, it's a tad unsettling that SB is not appearing on release notes or anything now.
Just look at how long Legend went after being "on it's way". Things can happen and I hope that if something has happened its that they are looking for a time to get Dave and Rick together for a commentary or something, rather than just pushing it aside.
Bare bones now unless an SE is in the works, that's my motto. :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Warner has the rights to it. I'm guessing it was one of the MGM titles that Turner owned.
You guess correctly.

It's right at the bottom .. of the big .. hill.

The widescreen LaserDisc is fine. The opening "difference between TV and Movies" gag gets destroyed by pan & scan.

I like Seth hope that we're waiting for SE content. I'll wait another two years for SE content. I'd love to see some of the "making of" for the special effects in "Mutants of 2051 A.D.". That's got to be better than Star Wars.

MatS

Screenwriter
from the Warner ChatOct 16 2001
DougIrving: Good Evening and thanks for joining us. 3 words: Strange Brew, eh!
Are you aware of the demand for this one? This could be a sweet Special Edition
with commentary by Rick & Dave as Bob & Doug (a la Spinal Tap). Any chances?
I'm off to watch "Smallville."
Warner: STRANGE BREW. Summer 2002. Be there.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ben, ya beat me to it. Hoser.

Too bad there's no release date or other info yet...just that cover art.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks