What's new

Shiva in Car (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I ordered my Shiva last night to put in my car. How is it going to hold up in there? Considering low temps and etc. with a foam surround?

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I used my tempest in the car with great results. It seemed to hold up well.. although I DID have to send it back because it became out of alignment. Whether that can be attributed to the car environment, I don't know, but others as well as myself have had great results with Shivas/Tempests in the car. I believe someone actually hit 151 db or something like that at a competition with a single Tempest. Anyway, to answer your question.. if you go to any car audio forum, and search tempest/shiva/brahma, you'll find that there are many people using Adire drivers in their car.
Andrew

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
My Tempest Car Installation

My windows are open a lot and I park outside every day. This results in temperature changes, and I've even left my windows open when it rained and my upholstry got soaked.

After a while, the foam surround started to fade slightly, but no performance hits. To fix this, I applied a generous coating of armorall to coat the entire driver and ports, and it now looks better than new, plus is holding up quite well to the elements.

I believe the armorall protects it well because my tempest is exposed to direct sunlight unlike many of them out there.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I have a Tempest in my car and it is as good as the day I bought it although it does not see any sun.

There are many, many Shivas and Tempests in car applications and they are holding up just fine so you should be fine.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Mark, you've made a wise choice for a car subwoofer. I don't have a shiva in my car, but I do have a PE 12" DVC which is very similar. I only have 200W RMS going to it and it shakes the crap out of everything. Wish I had a little more power though.

Now go make those JL fanboys cry!!

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
With the cabin gain you get in the car compared to the average ht room, the sound will blow you away. Depending on what type box and size of the box will be the factor of wether or not it will sound boomy or musical, just like it would in a ht room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks