What's new

Shiva Dustcap "Decoration" Question (1 Viewer)

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
I am putting a Shiva in my sister's car soon and would like to add some color to the dustcap in the form of a Tazmanian Devil cartoon. Her Monte Carlo came with pace car and Taz logos affixed and I'd like to continue the theme in the sub.) Is there a good way to do this without affecting the performance of the speaker too much? Perhaps a store-bought sticker "painted" with some epoxy? Ink-jet printer paper with same treatment (yuk)? Painting the logo on myself or professionally? Other, likely better, ideas out there?

Help is appreciated!

A

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Pick the option that weighs the least. I would be very cautious when using epoxy or other esoteric glues (it may combine with the glue used to attach the dust cap and weaken the bond).

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
The curvature of the dustcap will make it difficult to stick a sticker on there without it wrinkling.

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Try using a decal like a temporary tattoo. This would be more like what the manufactures use for there logos. The sheerness may help to avoid wrinkles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks