1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Shiva Dustcap "Decoration" Question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Aaron D, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Aaron D

Aaron D Stunt Coordinator

I am putting a Shiva in my sister's car soon and would like to add some color to the dustcap in the form of a Tazmanian Devil cartoon. Her Monte Carlo came with pace car and Taz logos affixed and I'd like to continue the theme in the sub.) Is there a good way to do this without affecting the performance of the speaker too much? Perhaps a store-bought sticker "painted" with some epoxy? Ink-jet printer paper with same treatment (yuk)? Painting the logo on myself or professionally? Other, likely better, ideas out there?

Help is appreciated!

A

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Pick the option that weighs the least. I would be very cautious when using epoxy or other esoteric glues (it may combine with the glue used to attach the dust cap and weaken the bond).

3. Aaron D

Aaron D Stunt Coordinator

Good call on the glue, hadn't thought about that.

A

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

The curvature of the dustcap will make it difficult to stick a sticker on there without it wrinkling.

5. Dennis Gardner

Dennis Gardner Stunt Coordinator

Try using a decal like a temporary tattoo. This would be more like what the manufactures use for there logos. The sheerness may help to avoid wrinkles.