What's new

Shiva VS. Pearless 12" XLS (1 Viewer)

rich r

Stunt Coordinator
hey all

I currrenly own a shiva mkIII and love the output of it when coupled to a 250w plate amp for HT

I recently started doing my car stereo and tested the shiva with about 200w load @4 ohm. My first impressions were good but there just wasnt enough juice to provide the output that I was after.

I did some research and I ran into the PEarless xls!! For those who dont know know its a 2ohm coil
94Db eff @ 2.8v
300w power handling (max/nom? )
xmax of 13mm
fs of 28 hz

the numbers are apealing to me but I would like to know if anyone has heard one of these and how they compare to the shiva.

I am worried that the xls will sound some what slugish or less responive than the shiva due to the suge surround ??

Also keep in mind that I would like to put the sub in the smallest box possible.

any opinons are welcomed

thanks
Rich R

Rich,

I've had one of these in my Jeep.
It does not sound sluggish at all.
I've never put my shiva in a car but I was happy with sound quality and tiny box size of the XLS.

They are releasing an XXLS soon, it was demo'd at CES. I believe I saw the notes on this site?

rich r

Stunt Coordinator
Brendan,

thats good to hear you are running a xls. what are your box dimensions and f3's

I have yet to do any simulations. I am still doing preliminary research and getting peoples personal opinions (numbers do not mean everything to me )

thanks
Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks