What's new

Sex and the City - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
namely, the yards of extra slack cut to people with children
And the double standards associated with it.

For example, the mother lecturing Carrie on her "extravagent" spending who was quite happy to accept "extravagent" presents at the baby shower.

An excellent episode.
Another example - the girls sit around in a restaurant chastising mothers & children, yet make a big exception for the lone mother in their midst: "Oh but not Brady, Brady's great" etc.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Boy, Interrupted"

Given the title of the episode, a big clue should have hit me when Carrie's high school sweetheart (Duchovny) shows up out of the blue after 20 some odd years, and what his deal was. Either way, it wasn't all that great of a cameo.

Didn't really care all that much about Stanford's subplot, or Samantha's ID theft (a membership card) in order to enjoy an exclusive pool club in Manhattan.

Not much to talk about Charlotte's new marriage (I guess they didn't go on a honeymoon yet?)

Glad to see Miranda getting some action from the neighbor.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Miranda's story was the best this week. Overall I'd say the weekest of the episodes this season. But one of them has to take that prize.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/7/03

You could feel the wind just leave Carrie's sails when Big went back to being his old self.

Miranda's storyline produced the most LOL moments. Poor Steve (though his new girlfriend isn't hard on the eyes either).

Sam's storyline ended up sort of sweet.

Will Charlotte's visit to Dr. Mao bring us the first SatC baby?

Next week is the finale for the summer.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
We missed the key exchange between Big and Carrie when he brought up the idea of growing old together.....what was it that Big asked Carrie and what was her response that "closed Big's heart" again?

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Heard on Headline News that S&tC will be shown in syndication (Tribune?) beginning 2005.

Shows will be 'edited for sexual content and nudity'.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Well, I did try and write that deadpan.

Anyway, it sounds like S&tC Season 5 (8 episodes) will be out on dvd 12/30/03. It will carry a $49.99 MSRP.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, I did try and write that deadpan.
Article in today's Dallas Morning News states that for the past few years they've been shooting "alternative" less racey scenes alongside the regular show with the aim of editing them into the shows for syndication.

Additionally, the shows will be trimmed to 22 mins.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
TVShowsOnDVD.com shows a US release date of 12/30/03 at a MSRP of $49.99 (MAP of $39.99).

However, Amazon.co.uk and CD-Wow.com both list a release date of 11/03/03 for Season (or they say 'series') 5. The prices listed on these sites are 20.69 and 16.99 (GBP) respectively.

These prices translate to $32.94 and $27.05 (USD) respectively. Keep in mind this set is R2 and PAL. Also, CD-Wow offers free worldwide delivery.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/14/03 - (Summer finale)

Best line of the night: "I'm Bozo the bush!"

So Miranda finally breaks down and admits to Steve that she love him, not the doc, and Steve (thankfully for Miranda) feels the same way.

Charlotte conceives and loses the baby all in this episode. She becomes depressed, but the E! True Hollywood Story on Elizabeth Taylor provides enough inspiration for her to get off the couch, get dressed up and arrives at Brady's birthday in time for the presentation of the cake.

Samantha's way of dealing with age "down there" was amusing.

Carrie meets a smooth operator of an artist (Mikhail Baryshnikov), and he seduces her like an experienced lothario.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Nice synopsis Patrick.

All of which means that my wife will be going through withdrawal for the next few months. I can expect seasons 1-4 to be replayed repeatedly on DVD between now and the next episode.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...this episode definitely re-enforced for me the fact that this show has completely lost it. It's just the same thing week after week...

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Season 6 resumes tonight at 9 pm EST on HBO with the 13th episode. While I never did subscribe to HBO, I enjoyed the synopses generously provided by the thread regulars. Thanks!

I still anxiously await the arrival of Season 5 on dvd so I'll have that to tide me over until season 6's dvd release.

Per CNN ,

Both Nixon and Davis said they would have happily continued with the show. But Sarah Jessica Parker, the series' star and an executive producer, has said she believes it's best to quit while it's still beloved.
Hopefully this leaves open the possibility for the series to be revisited in the future, either in its extant form or on the big screen.

Any thoughts? While there have been innumerable examples of series overstaying their welcome, I think the state of NYC/fashion/relationships spoken from acerbic, female perspectives is vacuous enough to the point of self-refreshing.

Personally, I'd love to see it make its reincarnation anywhere as I've grown very fond of the characters and the show's depiction of contemporary NYC and will be sad to see this venue disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks