What's new

Sex and the City - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Otherwise it was a great 15 minute TIVO commerical. I want one now.
:) They're really rather good. There was a post on the big Tivo forum that Tivo had nothing to do with the plot - the S&TC team came up with it all on their own.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I imagine for professionals with Miranda's schedule and life, TiVo is the greatest thing EVER. It is a great product...I doubt TiVo paid for it...they just got it free. Like the waiter...

Take care,
Chuck

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
The really funny thing was that as I was watching this on my Tivo, the Tivo hiccuped and I had a second of blank screen with no sound! Now isn't that ironic.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I thought the TiVo thing was great. And it confirms what I have always thought: I am Miranda!

"Hi, I'm Pamela. Meet my boyfriend, TiVo." :laugh:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If that was supposed to be a TiVo commercial, I wonder who thought up the stupid idea of trying to sell TiVos by including it in a story in which the thing malfunctions, Miranda has to call tech support, the support she gets is useless, and the repair guy is a no-show? I believe the TiVo people when they say they had nothing to do with it because I don't think they would have liked to be depicted like that.

I can't believe Samantha and the waiter actually stopped f***ing long enough to lift that big chair onto the bed. The only furniture moving should be the headboard knocking against the wall, don't you think?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
So what in the world is the name of that position. YOu know which one I'm talking about. The one that looked like it wouuld be painful for both of them.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
HAHA, yeh. I remember in a Cosmo magazine (my ex girlfriends ok) they had the 10 most creative positions, or hardest positions, I forget. That was one of them. I don't remember the name though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/6/03

An okay episode.

Charlotte's on her way to becoming a full-fledged Jew, after saying goodbye to her former religious life (such as the Christmas tree).

Miranda is having issues with Steve's new romance as she's still harboring feelings for him.

Sam can be tactless as hell, but she was able to make up with the wannabe actor/waiter (aren't they synonymous occupations in some respects?)

Carrie was able to kiss her Big baggage goodbye for the time being and embrace the Berger baggage.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
As usual, TOO MUCH Carrie. I understand she's the star, but with so many other threads going on, the one I cared about least was Carrie's. I know, I know. It's all about Carrie. She's my least favorite ;)

Charlotte becoming a Jew (I hope that's OK) was rather quick. I don't have firsthand knowledge, but isn't that a relatively longer process? Like a year (or at least several months)?

Miranda using the baby to fight with Steve was low, but showed you how emotional she was.

Decent episode,
Chuck

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
My wife went through the conversion process, completing it a little over a year ago. The classes typically last about a year to be able to experience a full year of holidays and get the feel for the "rhythm" of the Jewish calendar, as my rabbi refers to it.

Some (usually Reform) rabbis will make exceptions to speed it up for marriage purposes, but it's not typical. Many rabbis won't even allow conversions if the purpose is just for marriage

But other than the speed of the process, most of what was covered was accurate.

I did get a kick out of next week's preview when she Charlotte is pissing off her neighbor when she puts up a mezuzah.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/13/03

Another fast moving episode:

Charlotte has her world flipped upside down due to her obsessiveness.

Miranda has got to dig a little deeper when trying to read the "obvious" brush-off lines, even given Berger's spin on them.

Samantha's foray into actually treating a man like a human is promising.

Carrie's nitpicking blows up in her face, and the making up shows that Berger can give as good has he gets.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/20/03

Well, it looks like Berger and Bradshaw are headed for splitsville.

Miranda's gotta lay it on the line and get this pining over Steve over with.

Who'dathunkit, Sam actually investing some non-sexual energy into Jared/Smith's career aspirations.

Charlotte's conversion to Judiasm will be test be the man from Prada.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
When the two farmers are sitting on the stage (before Jared's entrance) speaking portentous lines with long pauses, I turned to my wife and said, "I think we've seen this play!" She cracked up. Biggest laugh of the night. :D

The irony is that Steve (David Eigenberg) is currently doing for real on Broadway what Jared is shown doing in the episode. In a much better play (Take Me Out), and he's not the only one with his clothes off.

Well, it looks like Berger and Bradshaw are headed for splitsville.
I agree.

M.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that ticks me off about this show sometimes is how these unbelievable women constantly act like there are no men out there looking for them. Show me a Carrie in real life. Women like that in real life only stay single for 5 minutes because so many men are after them.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Over the history of the show, each of the leads has had a wide assortment of dates and relationships. They don't complain that there are no men out there; they complain that they can't find the right one. One of the show's major themes is just how difficult that is to do.

BTW, I haven't seen any recent statistics, but historically in Manhattan single women outnumber single men. As I recall, this fact is addressed in Candace Bushnell's original book, and I believe it was also covered in the first season of the show.

M.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
And don’t forget that the women have a history of screwing up their relationships with men. Of course, sometimes it is the guy (Mr. Big), but most of the reason that the women remain single or are not in relationships is that choose not to be (often by making avoidable mistakes).

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
Very good episode. I find I enjoy the MPK written eps the most because they invariably have the most character development.

Maybe it is just because I missed Season 5, but I just don't think Carrie and Berger(sp?) (or more accurately, the actors) have very good chemistry. Also, for some reason Berger just isn't as interesting as Big or Aidan. Although I like the actor, I wouldn't mind seeing him move on...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks