What's new

Sex and the City - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/27/03

I'll be a big wuss and admit it, this episode eeked out a tear or two out of me.

Carrie and Berger take a time-out. Carrie is stuck in jury duty. Big knows about Carrie's romantic problems. Carrie and Berger give it one more try, but then Berger splits.

Samantha's promotion of Jerry lands him the Absolut gig, and his image is plastered everywhere, including Time Square. Jerry is not too confident about Samantha's PR campaign, but things turn out okay for him.

Miranda finally had to decide what had to give between her son and her job. The job now has less priority from Miranda.

Charlotte went on some blind dates which all sucked. But then her old flame shows up due to serendipity at a single-n-mingle meet, and the sparks fly, and he proposed to her on the spot. Awww.... I liked Kristin Davis's acting in this scene, she hit all the right expressions and emotions for it.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Good Episode. Kristin Davis did a great job.

We don't need spoilers we?

Breaking up over a post it note after you try and fool yourself that it will work

Been there, done that. Not the post-it note, but I know how it feels to want to continue giving it one last shot and it just doesn't feel right. But you want to try again and again, almost trying to fool yourself that it will work out.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I only spoilerize when making comments before the west coast has seen the show. Later I remove the spoilers.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Well, M. Baryshnikov oozes charisma. However, I'm surprised that they would reveal the end guy for Carrie - although the NYTimes article paints it pretty definite. It could be hiccup in a twist (which I'm inclined to believe).

At first blush, I don't think Baryshnikov as the actor meshes as well (aesthetically/chemically) with Sarah. It'll be interesting to see if Baryshnikov's character can pull it off...I guess we'll see.

He was the only one who mentioned age. Mr. Baryshnikov is 55; Ms. Parker, 38. But she said the discrepancy was of no consequence to her.
There was an episode in which Carrie is questioned about the age limit of a prospective suitor. Her answer at the time was 50(?). I guess it's a sliding scale.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Sarah Jessica Parker, the star who plays Carrie, says the plan has always been to go out with a romance bigger than Big...

...she was able to persuade Mikhail Baryshnikov, perhaps the most famous dancer in the world, to join the show as the man to lift Carrie off her feet.
So while it at least appears that Baryshnikov is the ending (read: at least final of the show, if not tied up by marriage) love interest (at least my interpretation), SJP does clarify that she cannot reveal the end state of their relationship.

I found it interesting that Candace Bushnell married a ballet dancer. Even though SJP protests a convergence, I find the coincidence striking.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
8/3/03

Carrie going off on Berger's friends was painfully shrill.

Charlotte looked smokin' hot, too bad she's now off the market.

Those "No Excuses" jeans of Miranda's had to really be from the 1980's. :)

Sam and Smith are headed for splitsville, perhaps. Having Sam hit on the wrong guy in the dive and then getting her and Carrie chased out by the witchy woman in a tube top was a highpoint of the show.

Getting caught for tokin' up on the streets on NYC was semi-amusing (saw the setup from a mile away).

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty funny how she went off on them. I remember when I was broken up with in a not so mature way and when I talked to her friends they responded the same way. And I damn well knew that if that had happened to them they would have responded differently. I for one would have said that's terrible. I don't stand up for immature or stupid actions by my friends. I usually tell them when they are morons. I don't just follow some code of they are always right.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
What was funny about her rant was that the guys prefaced it but saying that girls always end up going psycho and Carrie, in her speech against that stereotype, goes somewhat psycho herself.

I loved the cop at the end mimicking the post-it note when the girls asked if he could let Carrie off: "Sorry... I can't do it. Don't hate me" and then tears the ticket and hands it to her - the line of the night (at least the delivery) for my money.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
8/10/03 episode:

Oh damn, that was a really funny episode.

I about spit all over my living room when Howie was doing his jack rabbit mating ritual. I'm surprised Carrie didn't stop him and tell him to slow down.

The wedding gaffes were all pretty hilarious.

Howie's and Miranda's toasts were also good for laughs.

D

DAN NEIR

Let me start by saying that if someone like Samantha came up to me in restaurant and said what she said she'd get knocked the f..k out. Who the hell does she think she is? I can undestand not being somewhere were there are annoying kids, (e.g. a movie theater) but if you were to approach me about my child then there's gonna be some violence in that spot. :D
And I'm sorry but $485 for f.....g shoes!!!! Give me a break. Grant it if I was responsible for losing something that belonged to someone I'd pay up and I'd expect the same in return but $485 for shoes is ridiculous.
Finally can someone please remove the stick out of Charlotte's a.. and tell her to lighten up. I understand the tea bag incident but Jesus she nit picks and complains all the time of such B.S.
You know something has to be wrong when Miranda is the only one who doesn't annoy me and normally I think she is such a b..ch.
I think I need to stop watching this show because they never use to annoy me the way they do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks