What's new

Screen Color (1 Viewer)

I bought a Piano Plus (450 lumens) about a month ago and have been running it far beyond its capable range and projecting a 120" screen when it was really meant for 80". Quite frankly that was just way too big so last night I moved it in so that it is correct and am going to paint my mask on the wall to fit the new image. While I'm at it, now would be a great time to change the color of the screen part as well. I currently have the wall Sherwin Williams A100 flat white. Now that I am in the correct range I might have enough light output be able to go with a grey to get deeper blacks but I have no idea how grey to go.

I want to try some test squares of around 2'x2' to see what looks best, but have no idea of the color area to try. If somebody could post some paint colors or maybe even an RGB that i could print in photoshop just to get me in the ballpark...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I went with Comet Gray for my wall ... as it was similar to the silver hawk/gray hawk screen. And since I could not see any added benefit of the screen material themselves having had a similar 2x3 sample sitting on the original wall.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks