What's new

Press Release Warner Bros. Press Release: THE FUGITIVE (1993) 30th Anniversary 4k Restoration Screening (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE FUGITIVE 30TH ANNIVERSARY

AMERICAN CINEMATHEQUE CELEBRATES WARNER BROS. 100TH YEAR WITH A NEW 4K RESTORATION OF ANDREW DAVIS’S ACCLAIMED FILM

(Los Angeles, CA – July 27, 2023) The American Cinematheque is proud to celebrate Warner Bros.’ 100th Anniversary with an exclusive 4K Restoration screening of THE FUGITIVE. This year marks the 30 th anniversary of the film’s original release in 1993.

The digital restoration process has restored images, color corrected each frame, and graded the entire picture in High Dynamic Range color volume. The restoration work was done by WB MPI’s Senior Colorist, Jan Yarbrough, with direct involvement from the film’s director, Andrew Davis, and the film’s editor, Don Brochu, ensuring that the finished look is creatively accurate. The result is a more realistic looking picture with fantastic clarity, contrast, and color, never before seen, that grabs the viewer’s attention and holds on to it throughout the film.

“It was truly moving and thrilling to relive frame by frame, the making of our picture. I appreciate even more all the talent and passion that is evident in this beautifully updated version. The Fugitive looks, sounds, and feels like an exciting and relevant new film that will continue to be loved around the world,” said Andrew Davis, director of THE FUGITIVE.

The screening will take place at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theatre in Santa Monica, CA on Saturday, August 19th at 7:30PM. Filmmaker Andrew Davis will be in attendance for the anniversary celebrations and will take part in a Q&A prior to the feature.

The exclusive screening of THE FUGITIVE 4K Restoration is part of Warner Bros.’ year-long centennial celebration for the studio’s 100th Anniversary, themed Celebrating Every Story. Other Centennial experiences include a Candlelight Concert Series in 100 cities around the globe, as well as limited engagement theatrical screenings of other beloved Warner Bros. titles such as the newly struck 70mm print of Paul Thomas Anderson’s BOOGIE NIGHTS, which was screened at the American Cinematheque Aero Theatre earlier this year as part of ‘5 Nights of BOOGIE NIGHTS.’

“We’re honored to be partnering with The American Cinematheque to present this screening that not only celebrates the 30th anniversary of “The Fugitive” and the 100 thanniversary of Warner Bros., but also highlights the incredible work of our digital restoration team at MPI,” said Jeff Goldstein, President Domestic Distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures. “We can’t wait for audiences to enjoy this thrilling theatrical experience.”

Tickets for THE FUGITIVE 4K Restoration are available now at americancinematheque.com.

66KIMBLE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick T
Is there going to be a limited release of this version in theatres across the country as I live in
the New York City area.
Any info greatly appreciated 😀

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I would absolutely go to the theater with my kids to see this.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Saw this on a flight back from Rome yesterday to while away some time. Holds up very well, indeed.

It's interesting that when I first saw it in the early 1990s, I liked the 1st half more than the 2nd half. The 1st half has more of the spectacular action scenes (train crash, leap off the dam), while the 2nd half was "slower" and more investigative.

But these days, I appreciate the return-to-Chicago scenes just as much, if not more than, the first half - great scenes such as when Kimble saves the boy while posing as a janitor, and Gerard's piecing together the mystery.

And a favourite line that my wife and I always quote to each each other, after Kimble says to Gerard, "They killed my wife," and Gerard responds:

"I know it, Richard. I know it."

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Decent flick that had two great names at the front of it, but I never bought Harrison Ford as Dr Richard Kimble. Janssen had a every man quality that worked much better. This film does contain one of my favorite comebacks in film.

Kimble: I didn't kill my WIFE

Gerard: I don't CARE

Never fails to make me laugh, but it's a neat 90s popcorn flick.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Saw this on a flight back from Rome yesterday to while away some time. Holds up very well, indeed.

It's interesting that when I first saw it in the early 1990s, I liked the 1st half more than the 2nd half. The 1st half has more of the spectacular action scenes (train crash, leap off the dam), while the 2nd half was "slower" and more investigative.

But these days, I appreciate the return-to-Chicago scenes just as much, if not more than, the first half - great scenes such as when Kimble saves the boy while posing as a janitor, and Gerard's piecing together the mystery.

And a favourite line that my wife and I always quote to each each other, after Kimble says to Gerard, "They killed my wife," and Gerard responds:

"I know it, Richard. I know it."

the one thing that bugs me about the movie is the Kimball must have had an awful lawyer. Even Lionel Hutz could have gotten Kimball acquitted due to flimsiness of the evidence. He really shouldn’t have been arrested in the first place

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
9kYiXhA.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks