What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: The Fugitive (1993) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
b1f61872-55c3-e231-6263-c3e8e18c5641.png

THE FUGITIVE
COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAYTM AND DIGITAL

THE 1993 ACTION THRILLER FILM STARRING HARRISON FORD AND TOMMY LEE JONES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

Purchase the film on 4K Ultra HD Disc and Digital November 21
Burbank, Calif., October 4, 2023 – As part of the year-long centennial celebration for the 100th anniversary of Warner Bros. Studio, the acclaimed action thriller film The Fugitive from director Andrew Davis (A Perfect Murder, Holes) will be available for purchase on 4K Ultra HD Disc and Digital for the first time on November 21.

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of its 1993 release, The Fugitive will be available to purchase on November 21 on Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc from online and in-store at major retailers and available for purchase Digitally from Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu and more.

The Fugitive stars Academy Award® nominee Harrison Ford as Dr. Richard Kimble and Tommy Lee Jones as Deputy U.S. Marshall Sam Gerard, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. The film also stars Sela Ward, Joe Pantoliano, Andreas Katsulas, and Jeroen Krabbé.

Directed by Davis from a screenplay by Jeb Stuart and David Twohy from a story by Twohy, the film is based the television series “The Fugitive” which was created by Roy Huggins and ran from 1963 to 1967. The film was produced by Arnold Koppelson.

The Fugitive was nominated for 7 Academy Awards® including Best Picture and Best Supporting Actor, for which Jones won the award, and Best Original Score.

The Fugitive will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc for $33.99 ERP and includes an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the theatrical version of the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Digital download of the film. Fans can also own The Fugitive in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on November 21.

The 4K restoration of The Fugitive was completed at Warner Bros. Discovery’s Motion Picture Imaging (MPI) and was sourced from the original camera negative. The restoration was overseen by director Andrew Davis.

About the Film
The Fugitive
Ultra HD Blu-ray disc contains the following previously released special features:
  • Introduction by Andrew Davis and Harrison Ford
  • Commentary by Andrew Davis and Tommy Lee Jones
  • "The Fugitive: Thrill of the Chase"
  • "On the Run with the Fugitive"
  • "Derailed: Anatomy of a Train Wreck"
  • Theatrical Trailer

BASICS
PRODUCT ERP

The Fugitive 4K Ultra HD $33.99
The Fugitive BIL 4K Ultra HD $39.99

The Fugitive
Ultra HD Blu-ray Languages: English, Spanish, French
Ultra HD Blu-ray Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, Parisian French
Run Time: 130 minutes
Rating: PG-13 for a murder and other action sequences in an adventure setting.
Street Date: November 21, 2023
Digital Street Date: November 21, 2023

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I always feel like Dr. Richard Kimble could have saved himself a whole lot of trouble by hiring a better lawyer.

Yeah as good as the movie is I still feel that even Lionel Hutz could have gotten Kimble acquitted (he actually really shouldn’t have even have been charged in the first place)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Yeah as good as the movie is I still feel that even Lionel Hutz could have gotten Kimble acquitted (he actually really shouldn’t have even have been charged in the first place)
Yet another wealthy white man, railroaded by the justice system! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I remember the excitement of receiving the LaserDisc - the first side was in CAV, so you could sit and step through the train wreck frame by frame. Believe me, I did. Also, the cinema prints were awful. Warner Bros. had started using a new printing process for 35mm prints (I believe other studios, including Universal, also used the same process), in order to churn out thousands of prints, for theatrical exhibition. The picture was blurry. At least, that was the explanation I received, when I wrote in and complained, after attending the premiere. So now I'm looking forward to seeing The Fugitive in better quality at home, than when I originally saw it at the premiere!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Top post updated with official Warner Bros. press release

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks