What's new

Rocket ELT LRS (1 Viewer)

Jay P.

Auditioning
I'm thinking about getting some of these speakers for the activities room at Summit Hospital in Baton Rouge for the long term patients there. Their ages range from 23 to Grandma's age. They watch DVD's every night & I want them to enjoy the experience as much there as I do at my house. Are these a good choice, or are there some that are better at the $129.00(pr.) price point? I'm payin' for the speakers & Dayton sub...5.1 system. What would be a good A/V receiver to go with this set-up (I've got to get my co-workers to come off of them big bucks for the receiver)? Nothin' fancy, it's going in a hospital-size room...Thanx, Jay

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Jay,

I just put together a system for my company's conference room using the ELT 5.1 system along with a Denon AVR-1905 receiver and a Onkyo DV-SP502 universal DVD player. This little system absolutely rocks! The center channel is a gem of a speaker. I'm not at all familiar with the Dayton sub but the sub that comes with the ELT system is a fantastic little performer. While it doesn't troll the depths of deep bass it does great for both music and movies. It's very tight and tuneful with plenty of slam too.

I take it you're getting the speakers from Plasmadocs based on your price? I know if you get the speaker package through the guys at av123, they can also get you a good price on the 1905 or other Denon receivers. The step down from the 1905 would do just fine, the only reason I went with it was for component video upconversion for our VCR as our projector has limited inputs.

Good luck,

Alex

Jay P.

Auditioning
I'm gettin' them from their website, they're on sale now. Thanks for the heads-up on the Denon receiver, I neglected to check that out while I was there, but then again my unsuspectin' co-workers are the ones that'll have to come up with that...I'll hit them up on Tuesday...Monday's a holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks