Rockets?????

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike_J_D, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

I am looking into a new HT. My living room is small...I'd say 18x12. Small.... I'm interested in Axiom, Paradigm or Rockets. I have heard really good things about the Rocket 250s. But they are a little more then I want spend. What about these ELT-1 LRS Satellite. I know it is a satellite, so it will be small. But I don't think I need anything larger. Or should I wait and get either Axiom or save for 2 prs of the 250s? Thanks for any help.

Mike

2. JohnnyCasaba

JohnnyCasaba Agent

Mike,

I see you currently have some NHT's, what about them are you not satisfied with? Just looking for a change?

3. Mike_J_D

They are too much for my small living room. I really enjoy them. But they take up a lot space and they are really loud. So I was hoping for a smaller speaker that I could push back more which I hope would make my living room look bigger. If I can't sell them I'm not going to worry about it.

Mike

4. Arnold_R

Arnold_R Stunt Coordinator

I heard Rocket's ELT system I do have to say I was impressed. I initially didn't think those satellites could produce loud SPL's in a room of that size. It wasn't deafening loud, but pretty darn loud. It sounded pretty darn good too! I was actually trying to demo the 750 Signature vs Classic edition and Ref1's. So hearing the ELT's was quite a surprise.

I don't think you could go wrong with the ELT's. I would give my thumbs up for the ELT's. [​IMG]

Arnold

5. Mike_J_D

Thanks for the info Arnold. How small were they?

6. Arnold_R

The LRS Satellites Dimensions: 11.5" H x 6.75" D x 7.5” W

Center Channel 7.75" H x 6.75" D x 20” W

ELT-1 SW-10 Subwoofer Dimensions: 18.75” H x 11.75” D x 14.25” W

Here's the link for more info: http://www.av123.com/products_catego...akers&brand=13

Arnold

7. JohnnyCasaba

JohnnyCasaba Agent

Mike,

If you are happy with the sound of the NHT's, why not sell the fronts and pick up more of the SB2's?

8. Mike_J_D

Yeah I just found the site. I don't need the sub..I have a SVS. Just need the center and 2pr of sats.

Thanks for your help....

Mike

9. Arnold_R

10. Mike_J_D

Yeah I have thought about that Johnny. And that would be a simple solution. But I think I want to try some different speakers just because I have heard so many good things about them. So I guess it is also an excuse to buy different speakers. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Mike_J_D

Good catch Arnold....but how does the "B" stock work. I have heard bad things about "b" stock...but I could have been taught/told all wrong. Please correct any assumtions I have made. Also I have to wait until/if my NHTs are sold.

You guys are really great...I knew there was a reason to help Parker and Ron.

Thanks for all the help...now if I could just sell my NHTs. I need to read more on how Rocket works their mail orders.

Mike

12. Arnold_R

13. Mike_J_D

Arnold thanks again for your help. I wish I had the cash flow to take advantage of that price. But I have to wait and see. If my NHTs don't sell then I will have to either keep them and buy another pr of SB2s or SB3s. Or save up for the Rockets. Thanks again

Mike

14. Arnold_R

No problem Mike, glad to have been of assistance.

Good luck on your on your quest whether you go Rockets or NHT's.

Arnold

15. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Mike, I know you want smaller speakers. The thing is, stands take up as much room as the narrow NHT's IMO. Plus, I think you are asking too much for the ST4's. On the other hand, I think maybe you are lowballing the SB2's a little.

Also, you will have much better luck selling your gear on ebay.

Just a couple of things to think about.

16. Mike_J_D

I know about the stands issue...but they aren't as wide. Which IMHO would allow them to take up less room and still be able to image. I think....but maybe not. Yeah I know I'm asking to much for the ST4s...but it is better to start high and go down then start low and go lower. That is also why I low balled the SB2s. I will go and edit the price of the ST4s to see if that helps.. Ebay is a better place, but I was wanted to list them here first. Give the people who come here a first shot. Ebay will be a last resort.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike