Rocket ELT LRS speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kevin tate, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kevin tate

kevin tate Stunt Coordinator

Are they magnetically shielded for next to TV placement? I couldn't find anything on AV123 website regarding whether it is shielded.

2. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

3. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

John & I updated our initial thoughts of the ELTs on AVS, if you care to check them out.

4. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Hey Nhan_H

How did you hook up your computer sub with the ELT's? I'm curious how you go about something like that as a quick fix for some low end.

5. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Hey, David.

Got your email. Thought I'd post my response here for those who may want to try this Hillbilly ELT setup (as JohnR calls it [​IMG]

For kicks, I just cut the wires that were used for the 2 computer speakers. Basically, they plug into the back of the sub via an RCA jack. The end that terminates at the speaker end is basically a positive (red in most cases) and negative (black) lead. You hook it up the same way. But since the wire was just a black color, I had to use a voltmeter to determine which was positive and which was negative. The positive lead will be connected to the RCA plug's center.

If you don't want to do what I did, head on over to radioshack and pick these up (I'm doing this after work, since the cpu speaker wires weren't long or thick enough):

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=42-2457