Second Unit
I am trying to decide between these 2 mains/center/satalites:

Axiom
Pair Millennia M22ti Bookshelves
Pair QS8 Surrounds
VP100 Center

or:

Rocket by Onix ELT DPA - Dipole Array
Rocket by Onix ELT LRS Special Edition Satellite (pr.)
Rocket ELT Center Special Edition (Cse)

I am leaning towards the Axioms but hear great things about the Onix.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Both are really nice speakers sets. Maybe you could provide more information like expectations, room volume, speakers you've listened to that you like, etc.

Also, both have their own forums that you could post a request for demos. That way you could decide which is best for you.

rob-h

Second Unit
Room volume = 1920 cubic feet

I added a second row not long ago. My current system has monopole surrounds. They are slightly behind the second row. The surround effects for the front row are not too exciting now. Hoping to fix that with dipole surrounds. I figure I might as well go with the whole matched package if I am going to do it. Don't need the sub, I have 2 SVS pb-isd 10's. From what I can gather the Axioms are better quality and sound better. I was hoping to get some input on that.

Jacob C

Second Unit
From what i have heard the rockets are a little nicer. However, the Axioms should be brighter if you like that sort of thing. If I had to but a set without hearing them I would go with the Rockets. my .02

rob-h

Second Unit
I have heard good things about Aperion as well. Actually, I think I leaning toward these:
2 - Intimus 522D-LR Bookshelf Speaker (635)
1 - Intimus 522D-VAC Center Channel Speaker (735)
3 - Intimus 522D-SS Dipole/Bipole Surround Speaker(785)

They have free shipping both ways so there is no risk.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
I've heard and seen both (the rocket ELTs and Axiom 22s). The axioms do a good job with the vinyl veneer, but it's not anywhere in the league of the rocket wood veneer. Sound is subjective and I think both are excellent speakers in their price range.

I own a pair of ELT LRS that I use for computer speakers at the moment. Really good stuff, but I'm not using them to their full potential.

I've not heard the aperion, so I can't comment.

Shipping's not that much for a pair of ELTs (cost me $12) from CO to TX. If I were you, I'd order a pair to see if you like them first. They'll give you a package deal if you decide to order the rest within a certain time frame (they're pretty flexible). I'm not sure how much the axioms would cost to send to and from, so I can't comment on that.

Your best bet other than to order and demo the speakers is to post at each respective forum and request a demo from an owner. They're usually very accomodating.

JohnnyCasaba

Agent
I've heard both the Axiom M22's and the Onix ELT's but own neither. If I had to choose between the 2, sound quality wise I like the M22's better. Looks do go to the ELT's, in fact, I like the more traditional look of them over the Rockets. I would try to get 2 or all three in home to make a decision, don't trust our ears, trust yours. All three companies offer in home trials and excellent customer service.

WaltV

Grip
I've heard both the Aperion and the Axiom and went with the Axiom based on looks - I preferred the shape of the M22ti's, QS8s, and the VP150. Sound-wise, they were both excellent.

rob-h

Second Unit
Waltv, I ordered the exact same M22ti's, QS8s, and the VP150 combo yesterday. On paper they make the most sense. Hopefully the sound is as good as the specs seem to indicate.

rob-h

Second Unit
I got my Axioms up and tested it out this weekend. They are fantastic overall. The qs8's bring a whole new world to my home theater! They are the best sourounds I have ever heard. I did have a problem with one of the M22's it pops on the bassy scenes in hellboy. Crossing over at 80hz, this speaker should not do that. I was considering going with the M50's anyway so I called and had them send them out to me for exchange.

rob-h

Second Unit
I got my Axioms up and tested it out this weekend. They are fantastic overall. The qs8's bring a whole new world to my home theater! They are the best sourounds I have ever heard. I did have a problem with one of the M22's it pops on the bassy scenes in hellboy. Crossing over at 80hz, this speaker should not do that. I was considering going with the M50's anyway so I called and had them send them out to me for exchange.

WaltV

Grip
That is great! (About receiving your speakers, not about the defective one. I had a buzzy speaker in one of my M22's and they sent a speaker out and I replaced it myself. No problems since then.)

Congratulations! Its an amazing setup.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks