What's new

Recommendation for a sub (1 Viewer)

Rowan Oz

Auditioning
I’m looking for a new sub and wondering what size to get.

My lounge room (HT room) is 23feet x 20feet square / 9 foot ceilings. It's on a solid concrete carpeted floor with wood panelling walls. I would like a fairly good sub that would accommodate that size of room. I currently run a Yamaha RXV496 amp with Yamaha NS E105 rear speakers and a Yamaha centre speaker. I’m also upgrading my front speakers but not at the moment.

I live in Victoria Australia, and I know most brands of speakers are sold over here. So can anyone recommend a size or type of sub for that room? Even maybe some models or brands that you like? Everyone seems to like those SVS? Ya think i should look into one of those?.
I don’t really want to spend to much over $USD600.00.

Anyways guys,
cheers :D

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You could look at the SVS 25-31. It may be a little weak for your room size, but it's probably the best thing for your room under $600. Hmm, how much will shipping cost to Australia though? That might put it over $600.

Rowan Oz

Auditioning
Ive found an Australia dealer for SVS, but his prices are over priced in my opinion. I would rather a boxed sub than the tube, but it all comes down to $$$.What do you think about the PB-10 ISD. Its going to be around $USD700-800 + delivery for the PB10 ISD in Australia.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Rowan:

The PB10 is a kick ass sub for the money but I would give Tom or Ron and email and ask them what they think. They will be able to give you the best recomendation for your room and your budget out of the subs they sell.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The PB-10 is a hell of a sub, but that room is a bit too large for the PB-10 if you are looking for serious bass. It will dig deep, but it can't quite move enough air to totally excite that volume of air. I had mine in a 19x20 with high vaulted celling and it was surprisingly good, but not "shocking". It will still outperform more or less everything else in the price range though. The 25-31PCi would do better, as it has the most output of the PCi line. If you have to wait longer to save to get the 25-31, I probably would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks