What's new

rear speaker recommendation (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I'm having a hardtime deciding where to put a rear speaker. I am also planning to use my fronts(Paradigm Atoms) as the rear speaker. I have attached here a link which will give you an idea how my basement looks like(top view). On the drawing, I drew 4 empty rectangles with numbers 1 and 2. The "1" means, easier to install since the other side of the wall is accessible and does not have a drywall. "2" means completety drywalled but it that is the recommendation, I can poke it in. :)

Let me know your recommendation.

http://restricted.dyndns.org/target/basement.gif

Thanks guys,

Ronneil

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
i have a similar large room, and installed my rear speakers at "1". I boost the rear speaker level, and have been pleased with the results. With the right speakers, you should be fine.:)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
if you put them on the back wall maybe it would be better to get some bipole(is that what I am looking for) speakers so that they are not as directional. You know the type that have speakers that are angles and don't just put sound forward

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. I was actually planning to put my existing Paradigm atoms as rears. But unfortunately, atoms aren't bipoles. :frowning:

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I don't think bipoles are really necessary if the rear speakers would be that far behind you. Honestly if you had bipoles that far away it might be hard to get the loud enough to really have a good affect on the system. Also, remember that you'll have to calibrate those speakers pretty loud to match with the others at the seats so if there are other people doing other things in the room those speakers could be really distracting to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks