What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help me find the BEST Receiver to power my Signature Series speakers (1 Viewer)

InquiringMind

Auditioning
Real Name
Jake
I currently have a Denon S760H receiver with a full set of the original Polk Signature Series speakers and they work fine for our small apartment;
S55 tower speakers, S30 center channel and S15 rears with a 2nd S15 set I use as front Atmos height speakers.

However we're looking at moving into our first home soon where I'm sure we'll have a much bigger living space and I want to build a "dream home theater" and was thinking of selling everything and starting from scratch but I have a feeling by powering my Polk speakers with the best possible receiver the upgrade will be significant enough to where a total refresh isn't necessary. Max budget is about $2500, recommendations are appreciated. I'm not a technical person but the S55 towers are 8 ohms if that helps, thanks.

Here's a link to the specs https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/pro...r-standing-speakers/signature-s55/112701.html

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I would first see how well everything you currently own works in your new home before "selling everything and starting from scratch," especially if you are giving yourself a modest $2500 budget. You may want to consider keeping your current speakers but go with a 9.2 receiver (using what you currently own in a 7.1 config) and adding a pair of ceiling speakers for Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale