What's new

RCA Scenium (1 Viewer)

Chris.H

Grip
Good day, all. I have recently (2 weeks) got a new 50" DLP RCA Scenium HD50LPW164. I am getting my digital cable and High Def from my cable carrier. The set top box is from Scientific Atlanta. When I hooked everything up and began enjoying my new set, I noticed an intermittent popping or a crackling sound coming from the TV's right speaker. I then ran the sound directly through my reciver and turned the sound off in the TV. The problem has been "ignored" this way. I know I made the proper connections, and I used Moster Cable. Rather than simply by-passing the problem, should I get someone from the store to check this out. Or is running sound the way I have it now best anyway?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I assume you were running the plain old L/R analog audio out from the SA box to the L/R analog audio in of the TV, correct? Was the crackling/popping noise noticeable on all the channels coming from the SA STB? Try connecting the RF cable coming out of the wall directly to the TV's RF input and see if the crackling persists. The point is to make sure that the cable box is not the culprit first and isolate the problem to the TV. If that's the case I would have someone come and check for a loose wire in the speaker connection on the TV.:)

Chris.H

Grip
Thank you for the quick responce. I am running the analog audio. I'll tinker with the cable connection today and get back with you. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks