What's new

RCA Scenium (1 Viewer)

Chris.H

Grip
Hello, again. It is day 26 of having my RCA Scenium HD50LPW164 delivered and set up by Best Buy. Overall, I am satisfied with the performance. The HD channels look and sound excellent. On the bigger screen, the digital channels are a bit fuzzy. Some are more crisp than others. There is one complaint. The color and brightness seems to fade from light blue to a green, affecting the skin tone on some digital channels. Namely, The NFL Network. On the set of Total Access, the shots between Rich Eisen and Lincoln Kennedy causes this switch in color. When the adjustment is made, the colors of the set are brilliant, yet the skin tones are faded. Lincoln's color of brown skin isn't accurate, depending on what color of suit he is wearing. The overall pic looks greenish brown. Rich's skin color looks to be between tan and ...blue. The overall pic is bluish red. WTF!?
ALso, I get a great picture from the up-conversion DVD player when connected with HDMI, but no sound. Why?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like you need to thoroughly calibrate the set. Call the ISF. As for the sound issue, are the RPTV and the DVD player connected to an audio system or are you just using the RCA's audio?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Although HDMI is capable of carrying audio as well, the DVD implementation of HDMI does not have the sound component.

Regards

Chris.H

Grip
Please, forgive my lack of knowledge, I am sure it is something simple, but, what is ISF? And, how do I calibrate?
The HDMI goes right into the rear of the set and I am going to connect to a surround receiver. As of right now, I just connected DVD to TV via HDMI. Another thing, as we know, the RCS Scenium 50" has only one HDMI. When I connected the STB to the TV, It played for a min. then I got a message saying the TV could not support HDNC or something. I think that was the letter combo, what does it mean?

Chris.H

Grip
SO, what I need to do is connect analog audio to TV, then, when it arrives, Digital audio out from TV to surround receiver? After I calibrate it and call the ISF? I am a bit behind, I guess!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
really? does that mean all the hdmi enabled dvd players aren't outputting sound via the hdmi cable? i haven't heard that before...???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks