Question To Owners of 36" Sony Wega(KV-36FS17)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Hancock, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I had a question for the owners of the 36" Sony Wega television. I noticed that around the edge of the tv there is a black frame about a quarter inch in from the outside of the picture. I noticed this mainly when I was playing soul calibur the other day and part of the picture at the bottom is cut off. It's not squezzed in it's cut off. I was wondering if this black frame is supposed to be there for a reason or if it can be removed in the service menu or something along those lines. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Brett, All the Sony tv's are like that, as are just about any flat screen tv.

3. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Sounds like over-scan, slight over-scan is normal, so is the black border around the edge of many CRT displays. Someone with the knowledge will likely chime in and let you know how to reduce it (the over-scan - not the black border) if you are comfortable mucking about in the service menu.

4. Brett Hancock

Yea I have been scrolling through the service menu trying to figure it out. So far no luck but I have managed to reset my color setting 6 times.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Brett, be careful in that service menu. JB

6. Brett Hancock

Yea I haven't done to many things but I always reset everything at the end, just in case I messed up something. This just takes away my channel programs so its no big deal, better then accidently screwing up something then saving. Thanks for the tip though.

7. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

It's not overscan it's perfectly normal. It looks like windowbox which has borders on all four sides of the screen. However, it is slight compared to real windowbox. I Have a Sony 36XBR400 I also have it on my 27" JVC which is not a flat screen. So don't worry you'll forget that it's there over time.

8. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Reginald, respectfully I understand that the border is normal on his TV. But he said;

9. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

Luke, you might be right. I was a bit sleepy as I typed my response. [​IMG]

10. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Well, thinking about it some more. It may not even need the over-scan reduced, maybe just tweak the vertical position a bit if its possible in the service menu. Don't know, kind of hard to say without seeing it. [​IMG]