pvr from hdtv/satellite

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by EddieMata, Sep 5, 2003.

1. EddieMata

EddieMata Agent

I would like to know if it is possible to record a hdtv signal to a pvr? Also, is there a component that combines the hdtv satellite reciever with a pvr? I'd appreciate all the help and information. THANKS!

Eddie

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. EddieMata

EddieMata Agent

Robert

Thanks for the info and forgive my ignorance. Is it then possible to still set up the hdtv reciever and a pvr just to record the programming w/o hi-def?

Eddie

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    From what I've read over at Tivo Community, connecting a stand alone Tivo to a HD box (OTA, sat or cable) via s-video will get you a very good picture when recording HD at the Best quality. Right now, I use my DirecTivo for all recording and just watch HD when I get a chance. I will be getting the HD DirecTivo when it is release later this year (or more likely early next year). I'll be keeping my regular DirecTivo because there are reports that the HD model would only record one HD stream at a time. The SD model would be the backup recorder any time there was a programming conflict.

-Robert

5. Tim Sly

Tim Sly Stunt Coordinator

I can't wait till they come out with these HD PVRs. That will look awesome especially for NFL games in HDTV!