Yamaha DLP DPX-1

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Paul NNNN, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Paul NNNN

Paul NNNN Auditioning

Any members out there who still have a DPX-1.
    1) Are there any known firmware updates from Yamaha available?

2) I have recently added a Satellite HDTV receiver and even though I save the 4x3 set up on both the DLP and 9200 PVR in 1080 HDTV, the picture still comes on the screen in a 16x9 frame (great for HDTV widescreen and 16x9 broadcast) even though it is a 4x3 broadcast. What happens is that the picture does not fill the screen, it will shrink to fit inside the 16x9 frame so there are black horizontal bars top & bottom and gray vertical bars each side. I have tried DVI - Component, S Video and all have same result. It never happened on cable broadcast nor on DVD regardless of Aspect, it automatically adjusted the picture size to the screen.

When the broadcast is 16x9 the picture is perfect with the 2 black horizontal bars top and bottom, it is only when the broadcast is 4x3 that the gray side bars appear.

I can adjust the aspect to Zoom and fill the screen but this is a pain as this can mean constantly having to change aspect for each channel and type of broadcast.
    The Satellite Provider (Bell ExpressVu) have been very helpful and even sent me a new receiver to try but same problem. It is happening on the 9200 and 6100 series receivers. Bell are going to speak with Motorola about this as mine is the very first problem of this nature they have experienced. They have tried to replicate the problem in their in house TV's and could not. When they saved the 4x3 settings on both TV and PVR and switched to a 4x3 broadcast the picture filled the screen automatically.

Any Ideas?
    Anyone have the same problem? Jerry K- Any suggestions?

Regards
    Paul

2. RobTauber

RobTauber Agent

I have a DPX-1, and would gladly like to discuss your experiences with this projector. I only recently purchased it, and have some questions you may be bale to help me with. Thanks.

3. KatieAD

KatieAD Auditioning

Hi, we STILL have a Yamaha DPX-1 and we're trying to get it to play blu-ray movies but we are having trouble figuring out what cable hook ups to use. Can anyone give some insight, please? Should we use DVI or is a D4 or D sub better? It does support blu-ray format, right? Thanks for any advice!!!

-Katie

4. Falcon42

Falcon42 Auditioning

Use the complied connection it's good for up to 1080i