What's new

Voom HDTV service is a no go. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Since this is a hardware issue I put this thread here. To say the least, I am very upset right now. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with Voom, getting everything set up and setting an install date, I was hoping to be enjoying lots of hdtv programming by now. Well the install guy showed up, walked around my house and told me there is no way to get a signal from Voom's satellite. Too many houses in the way and the install guy told me that Voom's satellite is too low and that they are working on getting a new satellite. Anyway, very frustrated right now. :angry:
I guess I will just wait for DirecTv's PVR HDTV stb. Voom lost a customer.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I hear about this thing, the first thing that comes to mind is John Cleese saying "This thing wouldn't VOOM if you put 5000 volts through it!" ;)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I have the same problem, but even worse. I can't get any satellite service, period. Well, I guess I could cut down the redwoods that block my southeast skyview, but there are a couple of problems with that. First, I like those trees and second, I would probably have to go to jail, since they aren't mine. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks