Voom HDTV service is a no go.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeff Adams, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Dec 13, 1999
    Since this is a hardware issue I put this thread here. To say the least, I am very upset right now. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with Voom, getting everything set up and setting an install date, I was hoping to be enjoying lots of hdtv programming by now. Well the install guy showed up, walked around my house and told me there is no way to get a signal from Voom's satellite. Too many houses in the way and the install guy told me that Voom's satellite is too low and that they are working on getting a new satellite. Anyway, very frustrated right now. [​IMG]
    I guess I will just wait for DirecTv's PVR HDTV stb. Voom lost a customer.
  2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Apr 24, 1999
    Whenever I hear about this thing, the first thing that comes to mind is John Cleese saying "This thing wouldn't VOOM if you put 5000 volts through it!" [​IMG]
  3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Aug 1, 2000
    I have the same problem, but even worse. I can't get any satellite service, period. Well, I guess I could cut down the redwoods that block my southeast skyview, but there are a couple of problems with that. First, I like those trees and second, I would probably have to go to jail, since they aren't mine. [​IMG]