What's new

Pronto Neo (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
What does everyone think about this remote? We just got this in at the Best Buy where I work and was considering giving it more than its fair share of attention. Retail on it is $249.99. How does it compare with the Philips Pronto?

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I'm intrigued... I've never heard about it, and I couldn't find any information about it on Remote Central, so I'm very curious. Is it anything like the upcoming Marantz remote?
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I'll get a model # tomorrow. It has one similar to the other pronto models. I can't remember what that number was. I was hoping someone knew it based on the name alone.
------------------
Heal a Million, Kill a Million

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
The model number is TSU500. I think it looks very interesting but supposedly it only has 1 meg of memory so I dont know how versatile it is. It will be interesting to see if it uses the same software as the other Prontos.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
from what I'm hearing its the "same" as the new Marantz 3200 and the same design as the marnatz 5200 and 9200 remotes. If thats true this could prove to be very interesting with the bottom hard keys providing they act like a true 4 way rocker. This would be ideal for menu's etc
wn000049.jpg

[Edited last by Andrew Pratt on October 12, 2001 at 11:20 PM]

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
No that is not it. I will be going to work at 3:30 today and will have more info when I get off. I sure hope you are wrong about the 1MB thing, I have a feeling it won't go very far.

Adrian Ballard

Auditioning
it is indeed akin to the Marantz 3200. I believe it does only have 1Mb of memory. But that's plenty as custom graphics cannot be uploaded to the unit. This is more of a gimicky remote to compete with the Sony touchscreens. I actually played with one yesterday and for the price-point, it's a great little remote. Definately not a full blow Pronto though.
My $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks