What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wal*Mart (for 15 bucks) had THAT and not the 4K and I didn't see an empty slot either. I assume the digital code with it would upgrade to 4k through ITunes ... AFIK Target hasn't had any of these Paramount+/CBS releases in-store.

View attachment 99872
It took a while for Wally World to stock the UHD Lord Of The Rings, so this set will likely show up, after a while.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
What happened to this release? I ordered mine from Amazon the first day it was available and now they tell me they don't have and they don't have it available on their website. Does anyone know what happened? It looks like it was pulled from release.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
this is a particularly big release on which to drop the ball.
giphy.gif

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Got my steelbooks, I did hear when I got home that there was a floater. I quickly opened it in case it had to go back for an exchange before they ran out of copies...

But the floater was Crystal Skull. So no worries. (there was no damage, for those who care)
Oh, there is damage, but just not to the physical disc. ;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well, I broke down and sprung for the Best Buy steelbooks. A couple of rewards certificates helped, and I'll probably sell the codes, so in the end I won't be out much more than I'd have spent on my DDD order. Can't wait to watch Raiders, which IMO is just a perfect film from start to finish.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
In-N-Out used to be limited to Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties. My wife and I used to drive 80 miles to get to the closest In-N-Out. We did it about once every 45-60 days or so.

I still remember the day that In-N-Out opened its very first location in San Diego. That was in 1990 and, amazingly lucky for us, the first San Diego location was just 5 miles from our house. We were there on grand opening day. It's still the location we visit most frequently.

As for the Indiana Jones set... It is true that the screen caps don't tell the whole story. In Dolby Vision, Raiders looks absolutely stunning. There's a crispness and a pop to the image that owes part of its success to HDR/DV. As the movie started I kept telling my wife, "This is how a quality 4K HDR image should look!" Brilliant!

Anyone that insists that 4K and HDR aren't worth the expense should never watch 4K Raiders on a good 4K HDR setup. You will be assimilated. :)

Mark

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
PQ wise all 4 movies are pretty stunning. Ben Burtt Dolby Atmos remix also is superb.

There are a few PQ issues though either someone fell asleep or they did not QA enough (or OCN is baked in with the flaw). In ROTLA the scene at the end when Indy in a suit in Washington offers Marion his arm just as they walk down the stairs together there is a slight loss of focus on Indy's face where it goes a little blurry as the camera pans down around 1:50.10. I checked the BD it was the same in 2012 its more noticeable now.

Some of the ILM fixes in Indy 2 around the end of the mine chase with the water gushing out of the mountain as they try to climb to safety look more noticeable than ever especially the motion of the characters.

Indy 3 is stunning apart from the opening Utah camera pan across the landscape is a little more jerky. The rest is fantastic looking & such a wonderful movie as well :D

KOTCS looks best overall like a new movie now they removed the colour scheme used previously.

Overall its by far the best these ever looked at home so they are ultimate releases unlikely to ever be revisited I think now this is the last hurrah for the Paramount Indy movies. (Indy 5 is Disney & currently shooting here in the UK right this moment & since last Friday!! :thumbsup:).

Paramount really seem to be on a roll right now with their 4K UHD catalogue releases...Star Trek Movies 1-4 are set for release 8th September 2021 :Daccording to a new listing on amazon.fr :thumbsup:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The slipcase for the Best Buy Steelbook set has a poorly designed cardboard insert. The insert is designed so that the Steelbooks don't rub against each other. Problem is, when I tried to tip the slipcase to tilt out one title, all of the titles AND the cardboard insert slid out of the slipcase at the same time.

I will end up putting the titles on the shelf without the slipcase. If they rub, they rub. All that really matters is the discs inside.

SteelBooks are very prone to scratching when filed on a shelf. Highly recommended to put them in protective sleeves such as these:

Last edited:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
SteelBook are very prone to scratching when filed on a shelf. Highly recommended to put them in protective sleeves such as these:

Thanks. I really don't care if the steelbook cases get scratched. I only bought the steelbook set because that's all that was available on release date.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Walmart still hasn't fully cancelled my pre-order. It shows "cancellation request pending".

No biggie, if they end up shipping it I'll just return it (unopened) to a local store. Then go home and take a shower... going inside a Wally World makes me feel dirty.

Mark

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So THIS happened today...

IMG_1258.jpeg

What happened was, I went to the Best Buy website just out of curiosity to see if these were still in stock.

I then noticed they were offering me a $10 Birthday coupon. So, the price of the sent went from $99.95 to $89.95

I then started playing with my Blu-ray budget for the month. Turns out THE LITTLE RASCALS volume II was moved from June to July (or it had always been that date and I had it budgeted wrong). So, that freed up some money...

...by the way, seriously, when you retire and are watching your expenses, you do things like this.

So, I went for it! Picked up the Steel Book this afternoon.

Now the difficult part...

DeepDiscount makes it very difficult to cancel orders. They state that as long as the product is not in the process of being shipped at the warehouse you are able to cancel your order. I suspect they don't even have copies yet. However, who knows if this company will take their time responding to customers who wish to cancel in an effort to get inventory into their warehouse and start the shipping process.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
@Ronald Epstein Your pug has grown since appearing in your avatar. He was still a puppy.

Yeah, they get that way when you feed 'em :)

Initial thoughts on RAIDERS...

Overall, it looks breathtaking. I am not even looking at this on my OLED (which would give the best results), but projected it looks remarkable.

There are some odd blurs that happen from time to time. Two notable points...

At the beginning of the film when Indy escapes from the jungle on the seaplane. While in flight the conversation between him and the pilot is blurry. Now, that could be just the added effects of flight that cause that blur, so I am not quite certain this is a new issue.

The other more blatant blur is at the very end of the film while Indy and Marion are on the steps of a Washington agency.

There were a few other quick shots that just looked blurry and they are really noticeable as they take you out of these crisp, pristine shots.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, they get that way when you feed 'em :)

Initial thoughts on RAIDERS...

Overall, it looks breathtaking. I am not even looking at this on my OLED (which would give the best results), but projected it looks remarkable.

There are some odd blurs that happen from time to time. Two notable points...

At the beginning of the film when Indy escapes from the jungle on the seaplane. While in flight the conversation between him and the pilot is blurry. Now, that could be just the added effects of flight that cause that blur, so I am not quite certain this is a new issue.

The other more blatant blur is at the very end of the film while Indy and Marion are on the steps of a Washington agency.

There were a few other quick shots that just looked blurry and they are really noticeable as they take you out of these crisp, pristine shots.
2012 BD has this as well Ron might be we are getting an older master or its baked into the OCN due to onset camera focus issues noticed too late to correct as they moved onto other locations!

Map room sequence looks & sound fantastic though as does most of the movie so I can live with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks