What's new

Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just viewed this for the first time and was quite impressed with it. I remember this tour and upon viewing the dvd, I regret not seeing it when he came to Detroit. The dts soundtrack is incredible. Was this image originally 4x3 and cropped to 1.78.1 for the dvd?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yes, and there was much wailing & gnashing of teeth about this when the DVD was released last year. While the sound on this is excellent, the video quality & cropping was a huge disappointment.

Still, for Gabriel fans it's a must-have souvenir of a great concert.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Robert,

Have you seen Growing Up Live? Another great disc with DTS-I love both of them. GUL has much better video as well.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, there were also some complaints about the sound, i.e., the bass is pretty thin compared to the laserdisc and VHS versions.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Andrew, I have Growing Up Live next up for rental thru netflix.

How is the sound on the laserdisc? I think I may look to buy that instead of the cropped dvd.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator

Well, it's 2-channel of course, but the bass sounds better to my ears. And the laserdisc is the way to go if you want to the original, uncropped framing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks