What's new

Parasound HCA-2205AT + Rotel RSP-1066 = ? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Do you think the Parasound HCA-2205AT amplifier + Rotel RSP-1066 preamp/processor is a good combo? I was going to get the Rotel RMB-1095 but many people have said that the Parasound HCA-2205AT will be better for my Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks. :)
So, you would too get the Parasound HCA-2205AT + Rotel RSP-1066 combo over the Rotel RMB-1095 + Rotel RSP-1066 combo?

DanaA

Screenwriter
I have the 1066 with the Parasound 1205A with my Klipsch RB5's. I will tell you that, in my opinion, the sound is kKILLER KILLER. I just can't believe how much I love this setup. And, don't forget Parasound has a ten year warranty, one of the best in the business, although there are one or two with a longer warranty. The sound is definitely much,much more smooth and warm than it was when I first used only an Onkyo receiver, then used the Onkyo as a preout for the Parasound. I just sit hear and listen looking like this :D . And, by the way, the Parasound was the bigger of the two in improving the sound, although the Rotel helped things along significantly also.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
DanaA,
Thanks for the input. :D
Have you tried the Rotel with your Klipsch? If so, how did it compare to the Parasound with Klipsch?

DanaA

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, no. I have never had the occasion to do a side by side with the two amps. Actually, I had no experience with outboard amps, but was thinking about getting one due to what I felt was anemic power coming from the receiver I was using. I posted here about two amps I had heard of, the Parasound 855 and a Harman Kardon 2-channel amp. After being advised that Ubid was auctioning off Parasounds and HK's, I did an exhaustive search on the internet to learn all I could about the amps. In the end, I bid on the Parasound and won :) . Actually, there were no more Parasound 1205A's that I saw auctioned off after that, so I was very, very fortunate, because it made an absolutely huge difference with my Klipsch. The Onkyo's amp section was just much brighter than the sound from the Parasound. It improved the sound in all the aspects that were important to my listening tastes and did so with authority. One thing I would point out is that the Parasounds (don't know about the Rotels) get very hot and need a lot of ventilation. I think they recommend 7"'s on all sides, so it won't work well on most racks, unless on the top shelf. I have mine set off in its own little corner apart from all my other components. By the way, if I was purchasing now, I would have no hesitation about auditioning the Rotels. I've heard wonderful things about them too. Parasounds do have the reputation of being warmer though.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks for the replies. :)
I have just one problem. I won't be able to audition the Rotel RMB-1095 or the Parasound HCA-2205AT in my home, thus I won't know how they sound with Klipsch speakers. So, considering that I will be buying without hearing, do you think I'll be "safer" buying the Parasound for my Klipsch or the Rotel?

Yogi

Screenwriter
Yes you'd be better off with the Parasound than Rotel, for Klipsch. The Rotel is a killer amp on its own and is by no means inferior to the Parasound but in this case the Parasound is a better match. You wont regret it. I have heard both with Klipsch and liked the Parasound much better.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks.
Then I guess I'll get the Parasound HCA-2205AT amplifier + Rotel RSP-1066 preamp/processor combo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks