Rotel RSP-1066 vs Parasound AVC-2500u

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Which one of these two preamps/processors do you think will be better for the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers? My amplifier will either be a Rotel RMB-1095 or a Parasound HCA-2205AT, but more likely will be a Parasound HCA-2205AT.

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'd take the newer Rotel over the aging Parasound. While the parasound was a decent processor its pretty old by todays standards

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Not sure about the processor but Parasound/Klipsch Reference makes a dynamite combination!

4. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Frank Carter,
    Yup, I heard a lot about that too. [​IMG]
    Do you believe Parasound amplifiers are a better match for Klipsch speakers than Rotel amplifiers?

5. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I've heard a few Rotel amps but never with Klipsch speakers but I've read a few instances where people say it makes a "bright" combination, so that FWIW.
    Mated w/my Klipsch Reference I've heard Audiosource, Adcom, Yamaha, and Parasound amplifiers. By far the Parsound sounded the best and Audiosource second(great bargains). People at www.klipsch.com usually recommend B&K or Parasound amps.
    I once won an auction for some new Klipsch KLF-30's for $800/pr shipped! Unfortunately they were badly damaged in shipping, only one speaker worked and even that speaker looked severely beat up. I just wanted to see how it sounded, I hooked it up to my Yamaha receiver and I was glad they were damaged in shipping. The seemed anemic bass-wise and highs were unbelievably harsh. I next pulled out my Parasound HCA-855a, hooked up one channel and it was oh so sweet. I could not believe the transformation, no more harshness and bass was pounding away. Just for fun them I biamped and I almost burst in tears, why did they have to be damaged.[​IMG] I can't describe how breathtaking the sound was, I've never heard anything more dynamic and involving at any price(haven't heard Klipsch Heritage though). I wished so bad they weren't damaged, I got my $800 back but I haven't seen another deal like that again.[​IMG]
    I never really expected that big a difference because I figured what ever amp was pushing them would barely work since they're so sensitive(102 1w/1m). From now on I'm a believer in quality amplification. Well there's my push for Parasound amps.

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I also us the Rotel pre/pro, Parasound amp (1205A), Klipsch reference (RC-3ii, RB-5ii) combination and am extremely happy. When I got the Rotel, the dealer offered me a Parasound 2500u demo unit for a hundred less. I listened and went over the features, but much liked the Rotel better, especially the silver plated one.